Game proposal - Dreamcasting

Willverine

I've done this on other discussion forums before... it's always a time killer on a lot of the imdb.com boards... and there used to be a website dedicated to it, at one point, but I can't find it anymore.

I'm sure some of you have probably done it before as well. Dreamcasting!

The basic idea is:

Someone picks a subject that could be made into a film and everyone comes up with a "dream cast". The subject can be pretty much anything, but for the sake of timing and fun, it should be something with an established character base and story, such as a book, a comic book, video game, or an existing film (the challenge or lack of is to come up with a better cast than the original in that situation). You can even go further and pick a producer, director, original score composer, dolly grip and ADR editor if you want to, but the focus is the cast.

I think it would be great to do this on this forum. Like I said, most recently I've done it on imdb.com but the problem there is you get other posters getting angry about it (i.e. THAT SUCKS GO DIE IN A FIRE!!!111!!eleventy). I figure we could do this in a more civil and friendly manner here. Something like the Ultimization game where everyone gets to vote on the winner week by week, and the winner picks the next subject.

Anyone else up for this? If you'd like an example, I have a few I can dig up and post here.

With myself and VVD, there's 2 so far... who else?

Let's see who else is interested in this game by doing a quick n' dirty "sample" dreamcast.

On the heels of Heath Ledger being confirmed as the Joker for the Batman Begins sequel (tenatively titled "The Dark Knight"), dreamcast it. Here are some rules:

1. You may use any actor, living or dead, as long as the following 2 rules don't apply. You may explain why, if you like, or if using an older/dead actor or actress, explain what age you would prefer them to be and give examples from their filmography as well.

2. You may re-cast the existing roles from the first film, such as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Lucius Fox, Alfred and Gordon.

3. You may not use any actors or actresses who have previously starred in Batman-related media, including the previous movies and LIVE ACTION television shows (voice talent from the animated series' are fair game).

Don't go overboard, I'd just like to see if we could actually make this happen on UC.

I'm in and will do it.

I'll avoid batman begins one however as IMO its one of the worst movies ever

Random said:
*cocks shotgun* You have two minutes
*grabs AK-47*

One minute.

Any-Hoo, my choices:

Main cast from first movie stays, obviously minus Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Liam Neeson and Katie Holmes.

New cast members:

Harvey Dent-Jaoquin Pheonix
Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot-Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Edward Nigma/"The Riddler"-Edward Norton

moonmaster said:
New cast members:

Harvey Dent-Jaoquin Pheonix
Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot-Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Edward Nigma/"The Riddler"-Edward Norton
To quote Nacho in a fake weird Mexican accent:

"That's good. Really good."

I was going to support this game, but now I'm not.

Everybody thank ProjectX2 and VVD for ruining the Dreamcasting game for me.

Last edited:
Zombipanda said:

Um... my pleasure? :?

Zombipanda said:

It's what I do???? :?

But please.....enlighten me on how I accomplished such a feat?

I'd just like to point out that this has been done (non competitively, with no voting, and no formal winner), on other forums on this site.

But I would defintiely support the revival of this concept as a structured, organized game! :D

Willi, if you want an idea of what the other dream casting calls were like, i'll see if I can hunt down any threads that have been archived, and link them here.

Yay! Call me shallow (and I know somebody like Proj or Moony *will*) but i'm really excited, if this game pushes through.

Latest posts

Back