GIJoe Retaliation

Bass

Nexus of the World
Action Force is back!

[video=youtube;bSX2oxLdcWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSX2oxLdcWA[/video]

That looks pretty damn epic. So much better than the first which they have totally dispensed with in a hysterically cynical and yet awesome story hook: kill everyone in the first film as part of Cobra's plan to take over America. Then bring in the Rock and Bruce Willis. And mutha****ing JINX, people. JINX.

And Cobra Commander is shiny!

And none of those ****ty suits, this actually looks good!

I am glad Hollywood is learning that The Rock needs to be part of every franchise.

Sadly, it's the exact same plot as GI Joe Renegades.

With that said, I'm digging the casting choices (outside of Tatum Channing), tho, I can't imagine them killing off Scarlet. She may have left the team prior, outside of Duke and Snake-Eyes, she IS the core of GI Joe.

I am glad Hollywood is learning that The Rock needs to be part of every franchise.

As does Ray Stevenson.

Sadly, it's the exact same plot as GI Joe Renegades.

With that said, I'm digging the casting choices (outside of Tatum Channing), tho, I can't imagine them killing off Scarlet. She may have left the team prior, outside of Duke and Snake-Eyes, she IS the core of GI Joe.

Jinx wears red. That's enough scarlet for me.

I'm annoyed that it seems that JGL isn't Cobra Commander anymore and neither Brendan Fraser as Flint (according to IMDB). :(

I didn't mind the first one too much. Just enough dumb action to be sort of entertaining.

This one doesn't look any different, really. I'll probably watch it.

I couldn't help but wonder why they didn't cut each others cords in that fight scene. oh well, it still looks kinda fun, and i didn't hate the first movie.

E said:
I didn't mind the first one too much. Just enough dumb action to be sort of entertaining.

This one doesn't look any different, really. I'll probably watch it.

I agree completely with Mr. E. It doesn't look any different but I'll try it anyway.

I hope this is the right thread, But if you didn't know they moved the release date back to March 29, 2013

Ever since Paramount bumped G.I. Joe: Retaliation to 2013, people have been speculating as to the real reason why. The studio offered up the transparent excuse that they were converting the movie to 3D, an excuse few were buying.

Deadline suggests that the real reason behind the delay is Channing Tatum, or at least the studio's decision to expand his role in the sequel. When the first G.I. Joe was released, Tatum wasn't a go-to box office draw, but with back-to-back successes in The Vow and 21 Jump Street, the studio decided to expand his role in the film.

In fact, the bright spot for audiences during the test screening was the aborted relationship between Tatum and Dwayne Johnson's character Roadblock. It seems Paramount made a miscalculation in (spoiler alert that seems pretty obvious)
having Tatum killed at the start of the film. That pretty much explains why he's been absent on most of the promotional material surrounding the movie.

Linky Link

This makes me VERY Happy, I like Tatum as an actor, and its better than that 3D excuse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back