Gladiator

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I was so happy today. I found Gladiator on dvd in the shop near me.

Now before I tell you how much I love this movie I am NOT talking the russle crow gladator. I'm talking the Cuba Gooding Jr gladiator.

now yes this a a boxing movie and the formula has been done before. Rocky , Karate kid , Mighty ducks and alot more where it follows the hero on his path from underdog to champ but I personally LOVE it. Call me a sucker or what ever but it works I love these sports/fighting movies where it's not over the top kung fu movies. There is something real about the way they fight. YES it's fantasy but easy to get hooked.

Personaly I love this movie Gladiator. A MUST SEE.

TheManWithoutFear said:
:sure:

Let's turn this into a "Russel Crowe" Gladiator thread anyway.

NO LOL This is the GOOD gladator movie. I love this movie and was hoping overs on her have seen and if not will. its a 1992 film I think

A story of two teenagers trapped in the world of illegal underground boxing. One is fighting to save his fathers life and using the money pay off gambling debts accumulated by his father. The second is fighting for the money to get out of the ghettos. While being exploited by a boxing promoter the two teens become friends. An explosive ending puts the two friends in the ring against each other in a fight for survival.

the linkage

i must be feeling link happy tonight 8)

this sounds....interesting, i might check it out.

Baxter said:
There was too much atempted incest in that one for me.

Indeed. Too much attempts, not enough success. I can't believe he didn't nail her either.

Last edited:
Wrong film. If you want to talk about that Gladiator create a that Gladiator thread :p

I don't know what you mean....

gladiatorPoster01.jpg

Christmas Eve. 2008.

Doom agrees with Mole.

I saw this back when it first came out and found it on DVD several years ago and it remains one of my hidden gems in the collection. Everyone I've shown it to has thought it was a good flick.

So yeah......Gladiator starring Cuba Gooding and Brian Denehey is awesome. Formulaic as most 90s films go...but still a good movie nonetheless.

"Top of the head. Hardest part of the body." :rockon:

Latest posts

Back