Godzilla (2014 Film)

NerdyKid83

Ok, so I've heard that the 2015 Godzilla film had a surprise teaser clip shown at Comic Con. I can take that it hasn't been released online yet. I'm just saying that... I really want to see actual footage from that clip than fake fan made clips and trailers.

Ok, so I've heard that the 2015 Godzilla film had a surprise teaser clip shown at Comic Con. I can take that it hasn't been released online yet. I'm just saying that... I really want to see actual footage from that clip than fake fan made clips and trailers.

I'm sure they'll release it in the next few months online, to whet appetites for the film's release. It also comes out May 16, 2014, so I'm sure by October or November at latest we'll see that teaser/trailer, if not new ones.

Re: 2015 Godzilla Film

[video=youtube;ECUbuBrbP1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ECUbuBrbP1g[/video]

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really excited for this!

Here's my review of the graphic novel prologue that hit shelves yesterday. Be warned, I speculate and spoilerize quite a bit in it. http://thisisinfamous.com/godzilla-awakening-review-theories-film/

Cool. I'm eagerly awaiting the film.

There's a decent little tie in game for iOS devices (not sure if it's on Android too) called Godzilla - Strike Zone. It has good graphics and gameplay for a mobile game, and ties in to the events of the movie (complete with playing the HALO jump/parachute scene that's shown in the trailers and then evacuating citizens from the city). And best of all... it's free!

leather, when do the flashback scenes from Awakening take place? Is it during the closing days of WWII or does it go up until the 1950's? Just wondering since I figured they may tie in the timeline of the comic to 1954, the year the first Godzilla movie was released. I'm assuming from your review the flashbacks occur in 1945, and the present day events in 1980 as you stated.

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing this. It was pretty good, but did have some issues IMO. I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10. My main problem is that there simply is not enough Godzilla. I'm all for the "slow burn" building up to the action, but they don't give Godzilla enough screen time, even toward the end of the movie after he's been revealed. Godzilla is cool when he's on the screen though. Without giving too much away, they do leave the door open for a sequel, so hopefully that will give them a better opportunity to focus on Godzilla. Related to that, I understand the need to establish humans characters to an extent, but no one is seeing this to see Elizabeth Olsen or Aaron Taylor-Johnson (I found him especially to be pretty boring and bland...hopefully he steps it up for Age of Ultron). Some of their time on screen should have been transferred to Godzilla, especially since the military plan is kinda convoluted and not that interesting. The mistake of focusing on the humans characters caused the middle of the film to sag, in comparison to the great beginning and solid end.

So, all in all, it's a solid blockbuster that would have been greatly improved by focusing more on Godzilla, who is the real hero of the movie. I'd recommend it though. 7/10

Last edited:
I ended up seeing this again with some friends, and I have to say that I liked it even more on the second viewing. I still think that Godzilla needed a tad more screen time, but the human story worked better for me the second time around, even though I though it was pretty good after I saw it the first time. All in all, I'd give it a solid 8/10. I think if you go in knowing that Godzilla is going to get a slow reveal ala the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park or the shark in Jaws, that it is easier to appreciate the film for what it is; which is a well crafted monster/disaster film.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back