Good News! Next artist on Ultimate X-Men...

I would like to see Bachalo do Ultimate FF myself.. I like his style.. got real fond of it back when he was drawing Generation X and in particular with the way eh draws the stockier characters I'd like to see his take on the THing

The artist, if you'll notice from the beginning, has put the characters in vrey grim looking surroundings. There is rarely a sun beating down over their head. You know what I mean?

Could I open a political thread on the board then?

Could I open a political thread on the board then?

I would prefer if you didn't. Things get heated very quickly and we're all just getting to know each other. I'd hate for someone to get their panties in a bunch, and no matter how much we say we won't let it come to that it usually does.

I tell you what, if you guys want to discuss it and can do so without calling names (to posters OR candidates) I'll let it go but will watch it VERY carefully. I mean it - PLEASE no juvinile stuff. I don't want to see anything about chimps and horses if you catch my drift.

Back on topic.

I'm sorry....what was the topic again? :lol:

Ahh, just kidding. But being back on topic, Immonen is a great artist. But I think that Andy has always been the best artist on Ultimate X-men. I wish they would keep him on. But I do want to see how Immonen draws the X-men.

Well, the cool thing about X-Men is that they all let the artists interpret very different characters. In that sense, I'm glad that Kubert is passing the torch to someone like Immonen. However, at the same time I feel we need a regular artist on the title so we begin to have some continuity in terms of looks and stuff... I mean, Peterson made Cyclops look gritty... He had a five o' clock shadow and his eyes were always piercing... Kubert's given him a more clean shaven, uptight look.

What I liked about when Finch was on though, is that he gave Cykes some cool shades. They had a nice zig-zag "feel" to it. Petersn changed it for a issue, then brought them back. I hope Immonen draws the same type of shades, but who knows?

I didn't like those shades... They were silly, really, they didn't make much sense. Picky, yes, but I would rather have the other kind of glasses that Cyke wears.

Latest posts

Back