Goodbye, 2011

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
2011 comes to a close and 2012 quickly approaches. How was your year? What did you enjoy? What are you looking forward to in 2012? What are your New Year's Resolutions?

2011 started off pretty badly for me. My grandma died of cancer on her birthday and then a few weeks later I went to the United States for the first time. While I enjoyed most of the trip, it would have been a lot better if I didn't have pneumonia at the time (I don't know if I actually had pneumonia but it certainly felt like it). You can read about my adventure here. Most of the rest of my year was spent finishing the final semesters of university and writing (and actually getting paid!) for a website. I finished classes a few weeks ago and instead of looking for a job I've just been watching films every day. Oh well. Overall, a mixed year. I hope 2012 gets off to a better start.

What I enjoyed this year... well, it's shameless plug time:
My Top 10 TV Shows of 2011
My Top 10 Comics of 2011
My Top Books/Music/Video Games of 2011

I won't post my Top 10 Films until January/February because there's a bunch of stuff I want to see. At the moment, Drive > everything.

What I am looking forward to in 2012... graduating in February so I will finally be free. Getting a job. Writing. Brian K. Vaughan's Saga. The Dark Knight Rises. Prometheus. The Hobbit. Hopefully attending San Diego Comic-con with some of my best friends. The end of the world.

Resolutions... I want to read and write more. That's the main thing at the moment.

You guys better post something or this is going to be embarrassing!

I don't tend to compartmentalize things by grouping events by the years in which they occur, so it's hard to say whether a year is good or bad. In any given period of time good things happen and bad things happen. Life in general is good, so the years that happen during life have to be good, too, right?

Lately I've just been resigned to the feeling that time is just passing too fast. Watching kids grows up will do that to you, I guess. My son is 9...it seems like yesterday he was 5. Or 4. Or 3. I used to roll my eyes at people that said stuff like that in the past but until you see it you can't comprehend.

Whether it's one year or several, time just moves too fast. It really makes me sad. I wish I knew how to make things slow down so I can enjoy them.

It's already the 2nd! I think this year is gonna go by just as fast and all too soon. 4 things: 1)I'm currently at 228, so 200 is my goal for this year. Given the4 fact that I started last year at around 250, I think it's a realistic goal. 2) Elevate my belt status in Judo and have at least 1 match this year. 3) EVO 2012! 4) setting up and buying a bunch of computer and audio equipment for my live stream webcasts and video game amv making. 5) Reach 20k hits by the end of the year.

This is now an NY resolution thread

Latest posts

Back