Google Wave...Hang Ten?

Mattimeo84

Last edited:
I don't know what this is, but I've been using gmail for as long as I can remember, browse with chrome, and I'm posting this from a G1.

Inform me. Then invite me.

I would like an invite.

I don't think anyone knows how to use it.

I keep hearing about this but I have no ****ing idea what it is.

I think it might just be a secret ploy to assimilate your brain into Google's experimental organic neuro-servers.

I'm on it too... Just finally got my batch of invites to send out too. If I have any left over, perhaps I shall send them in the direction of you crazies.

[email protected]

I just added you as a contact, Mattimeo

Add me to the list of people eagerly seeking an invite. I want to ride the wave!

There is a really good, but LONG, intro video somewhere...I'll find the link later and post it.

I have only a vague idea what this is and based on that it doesn't look like something I'd get a lot of use out of. But it's entirely possible I don't fully understand it.

It does *look* cool and might be fun to tinker with.

I already have it as well, and have for a while but they never gave me any invites. I don't know why: [email protected]

Every time they allow people to invite new users, the entire system has to be reconfigured to allow eight times the current capacity... It took me about a month to get the ability to invite people, but I finally got it last night.

We're two pages in and I still have no idea what this is. I assume it somehow involves "synergy" though.

Edit: Here's the wiki summary.

Google Wave is "a personal communication and collaboration tool" announced by Google at the Google I/O conference on May 27, 2009.[1][2] It is a web-based service, computing platform, and communications protocol designed to merge e-mail, instant messaging, wikis, and social networking.[3] It has a strong collaborative and real-time[4] focus supported by extensions that can provide, for example, spelling/grammar checking, automated translation among 40 languages,[2] and numerous other extensions.[4] Initially released only to developers, a "preview release" of Google Wave was extended to nearly 1 million users beginning September 30, 2009, with the initial 100,000 users each allowed to invite from twenty to thirty additional users.

What. the ****. Do those words mean?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back