Greatest Comic Book Runs Ever

In TPB it's the books that made up Vol. 1 "Imaginauts" and vol. 2 "Unthinkable". Some FF fans didn't like Unthinkable because of what it did to Dr. Doom - I thought it was brilliant.

It started downhill in "Affirmative Action" where the FF went to Latveria to confiscate Doom's stuff. Great idea, poor execution. "Hereafter" was awful as was everything after it.

I noticed something about most of the posters here. You dont take into account the comics of yestarday, dont any of you ever read inferno, or the pheonix saga, how about the coming of galactus, all great stories, but i doubt many of you have ever read them. seriously, some older comics are very good, better than most of todays.

Lithium said:
I noticed something about most of the posters here. You dont take into account the comics of yestarday, dont any of you ever read inferno, or the pheonix saga, how about the coming of galactus, all great stories, but i doubt many of you have ever read them. seriously, some older comics are very good, better than most of todays.

Yeah, but then this is kind of the wrong thread for that. This thread is for the greatest comic book runs ever, and what you're thinking of is greatest comic book stories ever.

Victor Von Doom said:
Like TOG said earlier....

Ennis on Punisher is absolutely brilliant.
I must agree.

I'd also add Millar on The Authority. Probably my favorite Authority run.

Although the run was only 6 issues, Ellis & Granov on Iron Man was superb.

Lithium said:
I've read some. Older stuff has some amazing art (Say Kirby on Galactus) but thewriting just rubs me so very raw... Pheonix Saga was cool, but Inferno? No thanks.

New X-men (Morrison/Various)
Astonishing X-men (Whedon/Cassady)
X-men - Phoenix Endsong (Pak/Land)
Marvel 1602 (Gaiman/Kubert)
Kingdom Come (Waid/Ross)
The Authority (various)
Planetary (Ellis/Cassady)
Y The Last Man (Vaughan/Guerra)
The Sandman (Gaiman/Various)
Lucifer (Carey/Various)
Fables (Willingham/Various)
Daredevil (Bendis/Maleev, Brubaker/Lark)
Punisher (Ennis/Various)
Iron Man (Ellis/Granov)
Ultimates (Millar/Hitch)
Promethea (Moore/Williams)
Seven Soldiers Of Victory (Morrison/Various)
Nextwave (Ellis/Immonen)
Swamp Thing (Moore/Various)
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Moore/O'Neil)
Hellblazer (Various, most noteably Carey's run)
V For Vendetta (Moore/Lloyd)
Watchmen (Moore/Gibbons)
The Sentry (Jenkins/Lee)
Batgirl (Various)
Teen Titans (Johns/Various)
JSA (Johns/Various)
Green Lantern (Johns/Various)
Superman - Red Son (Millar/Plunkett)
Ultimate X-men (Millar/Finch & Kuberts)
I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League/Formerly Known As The Justice League (Giffen/DeMatteis)
Jonah Hex (Gray & Palmiotti/Various)

Last edited:
marvel man/miracle man is probably my favorite comic book series ever it was just amazing, well at least alan moore's run was

[Hopelessly attempts to remove Sandman from TOG's list... realizes why no one has made him a moderator. Realizes Craig is one..]

I'd add the Tomb of Dracula series and the Roy Thomas-John Buscema Conan to that list: comics that shouldn't have even been on the same rack as most of the 7'0s dribble.

Latest posts

Back