Green Arrow: Year One discussion (Spoilers!)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Green Arrow is one of DC's best characters. It's a shame he's not as popular as the other superheroes. When I read his dialogue, I imagine it being spoken by Nathan Fillion. In fact, I think Oliver Queen is the Mal Reynolds of the DC Universe. He's that cool.

Anyway, Green Arrow: Year One is a 6 issue mini which is going to define Queen's origin. It's by Andy Diggle and Jock, who both did The Losers together, which is awesome. Issue #1 doesn't have much in it, but it's pretty cool. The best thing about this mini? It's coming out every two weeks so you don't have to wait so long for the story.

Most of us know Green Arrow's origin. But do most of us know it when it's written and drawn excellently? I think not. If you're bored with the rest of the DC Universe, or you'd like to check out a character besides Batman or Superman, or even get away from the random **** that's going on with The Flash and Green Lantern... then pick this up. It's pretty darn cool.

Last edited:
It's awesome. It's damn fine. It's rull gudd.

I'm hoping, now that the DCU has got rebuilt, that DC's going to pump a lot of energy into Year One books (and it looks like they will), because if they can keep up with the quality of this first book, it could become as cool as Elseworlds.

I really hope this picks up a bit, but its still a good start to what I hope becomes a great miniseries.

2 weeks later and another issue... Oliver Queen hunts. And he's damn cool.

Issue 2 was even better.

I loved his inter dialog. And the art is so kickass. This might be the best Green Arrow I ever read.

I love Jock. He rocks my socks.

I really enjoyed this. I think Diggle and Jock should be doing the ongoing.

Anyway, Green Arrow: Year One is a 6 issue mini which is going to define Queen's origin. It's by Andy Diggle and Jock, who both did The Losers together, which is awesome. Issue #1 doesn't have much in it, but it's pretty cool. The best thing about this mini? It's coming out every two weeks so you don't have to wait so long for the story.

Am I going to buy the TPB? The whole concept really intrigues me and I've always thought of GA as a cool character (I think he would make a fine replacement for Batman if it was eventually decided to omit the Dark Knight from a potential JLA movie).

The origin in this book sounds really cool and really suits the character.

Most of us know Green Arrow's origin. But do most of us know it when it's written and drawn excellently? I think not. If you're bored with the rest of the DC Universe, or you'd like to check out a character besides Batman or Superman, or even get away from the random **** that's going on with The Flash and Green Lantern... then pick this up. It's pretty darn cool.

DC could do worse than exploring some of their minor characters' from over the years. That's the stuff I want to read.

Last edited:
Am I going to buy the TPB? The whole concept really intrigues me and I've always thought of GA as a cool character (I think he would make a fine replacement for Batman if it was eventually decided to omit the Dark Knight from a potential JLA movie).

The origin in this book sounds really cool and really suits the character.

DC could do worse than exploring some of their minor characters' from over the years. That's the stuff I want to read.

This was a really good book. You should buy it.

It's sweet. If only the current Green Arrow book could be as good. :(

Latest posts

Back