Green Hornet

Soooooo.... Li Lianji did nothing between 1983 and 2000? I love how people define his career by only 3 movies.

Though, I agree Tony Jaa would be awesome. I was one of the few that want to see, Zhang Ziyi as Kato.

ooh, not a bad idea. memoirs of an *** beater. yeah i underestimated her a long time ago. she good. she very good.

Tony Jaa shouldn't play Kato. He may be this generation's Bruce Lee, but he's Thai. All Asians may look alike, but I want them to stay true to Kato's Chinese/Korean ethnicity (they changed his ethnicity to Korean for the TV show I think). Plus, Stephen Chow is a better fit. He's already experienced in comedy, so he'll work well with Seth Rogen. This will be a Comedy/Action/Mystery film.

Tony Jaa is only half Thai, Langsta.

The other half is AWESOME.

What's race really matter anyway?

Tony Jaa shouldn't play Kato. He may be this generation's Bruce Lee, but he's Thai. All Asians may look alike, but I want them to stay true to Kato's Chinese/Korean ethnicity (they changed his ethnicity to Korean for the TV show I think). Plus, Stephen Chow is a better fit. He's already experienced in comedy, so he'll work well with Seth Rogen. This will be a Comedy/Action/Mystery film.

Exact ethnicity isnt important as acting abilities, If a person can pull off chinese it shouldn't matter. I dont get offended when a british or candian actor plays and America. But a role like Kato was one that was really important to chinese and should be played by a chinese actor

Huh. Could've sworn something was posted last year....

Anyways-

Is Seth Rogen's Green Hornet Dead?

Drew McWeeny of the fledgling entertainment site HitFix had been hearing from various unnamed sources at the Sundance Film Festival that Seth Rogen's plan to bring the '30s pulp hero The Green Hornet may have stalled with the departure of Stephen Chow as the film's director, as reported last month.

Huh. Could've sworn something was posted last year....

Anyways-

Is Seth Rogen's Green Hornet Dead?

Drew McWeeny of the fledgling entertainment site HitFix had been hearing from various unnamed sources at the Sundance Film Festival that Seth Rogen's plan to bring the '30s pulp hero The Green Hornet may have stalled with the departure of Stephen Chow as the film's director, as reported last month.

He was talking about it on Howard Stern and said he was on a pretty strict diet getting in shape for the role. What a waste if it's dead.

I sure made a pretty penny shorting it on the HSX based on this news.

That said, the only thing else I have to say is that I'd rather see The Shadow get a successful remake.

CBR:

What kept actor/director Stephen Chow from the films? His very own superhero film, which China.org.cn notes has the possibility of Anne Hathaway joining the cast.

Last edited:
Re: The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

The Green Hornet trailer is online.

Looks like Batman Begins and Iron Man... if they were comedies. Uh oh. I'm hoping it's just a bad trailer. It needs more eccentric Gondry touches.

It was better than the Jonah Hex trailer, although I kinda wish they had gone with the full face Green Hornet mask.

That actually looks really good, I thought when they were going comedic with it the movie would be terrible but they seem to have a very nice balance

Latest posts

Back