Green Lantern: First Flight.

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Couldn't find thread for this only live action one.

At the end of the screening and panel for the new straight to DVD animated Wonder Woman movie today at WonderCon, the crowd was treated to a special treat – the debut of the trailer for the next DC animated movie, Green Lantern: First Flight.

The mostly dialogue free trailer showed scenes that will be familiar to Lantern fans, as a space ship crashes and Hal Jordan finds the dying alien inside. The only dialogue in the trailer comes from this dying Green Lantern, as he says, "The ring has chosen you. Take it." We see the ring then actually float onto Hal's finger, and the sensation at first causes him to scream, before we then hear the alien say, "You are now one of the protectors of the universe."

More here http://uk.dvd.ign.com/articles/957/957874p1.html

Batman-On-Film:
BURBANK, CA, (February 27, 2008) – The fabric of intergalactic justice is threatened – until Hal Jordan arrives for his initial mission – in the animated Green Lantern: First Flight, the fifth entry in the popular DVD series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies. A co-production of Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation, the illuminated hero's first-ever full-length animated film is set for release by Warner Home Video on July 28, 2009. Green Lantern: First Flight will be available as a special edition 2-disc version on DVD and Blu-Ray™ Hi-Def for $29.98 (SRP) and $34.99 (SRP), respectively, as well as single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP). Order due date for all versions is June 23, 2009.

Acclaimed actor Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) fills the lead voice of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. Meloni is joined by fellow Emmy Award nominee Victor Garber (Milk, Titanic) as the villainous Sinestro, Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) as the voice of Boodikka, and Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) as Kilowog.

Produced by animation legend Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: First Flight is helmed by heralded director Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Superman Doomsday) and scripted by four-time Emmy Award-winning writer Alan Burnett (The Batman).

Green Lantern: First Flight finds Hal Jordan recruited to join the Green Lantern Corps and placed under the supervision of respected senior Lantern Sinestro. The earthling soon discovers his mentor is actually the central figure in a secret conspiracy that threatens the philosophies, traditions and hierarchy of the entire Green Lantern Corps. Hal must quickly hone his newfound powers and combat the treasonous Lanterns within the ranks to maintain order in the universe.

Apart from this animated release, Warner Bros. Pictures is currently in pre-production on a new GREEN LANTERN theatrical motion picture, to be directed by Martin Campbell, bringing the popular DC Comics super hero to the big screen for the first time.

It's a good year to be a Green Lantern fan. I'm so happy this isn't just a simple origin story, because they've already sort of done that with New Frontiers. Looking forward to this.

But please, can we get a Dark Knight Returns DTV with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill some time, soon?

These DC animated films are looking a hell of a lot better than Marvel's. I need to check more of them out.

Green Lantern: First Flight

Release date: July 28, 2009

This is the latest DC straight to dvd movie. Green Lanturn: First Flight finds test pilot Hal Jordan recruited to join the Green Lantern Corps after the death of his predecessor Abin Sur and placed under the supervision of respected senior officer Sinestro. The newly recruited officer of sector 2814 soon discovers his mentor is actually the central figure in a secret conspiracy that threatens the philosophies, traditions and hierarchy of the entire Green Lantern Corps. Hal must quickly hone his newfound powers and combat the treasonous Lanterns within the ranks to maintain order in the universe.

Staring:
Christopher Meloni /as: Harold "Hal" Jordan / Green Lantern
Victor Garber /as: Sinestro
Tricia Helfer /as: Boodikka
Michael Madsen /as: Kilowog

Trailer:

[youtube]4h1yAArJe8c&feature[/youtube]

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this already. Anyway.

[youtube]pUcsi66YxL4&feature=haxa_popt18us0e[/youtube]

Thanks to the wonders of the internet I got to see this movie. And it is great. To not spoil the movie the description of Training Day in space sums it all up. The voice acting is superb especially Victor Garber's Sinestro. Chirs Meloni sounds really good as Hal but I still think David Boreanaz is the best Hal. This movie also is adult the most adult of all the DC animated stuff. Blood and a couple of curse words. Also a weird scene with a alien chick moaning. In my opinion JL New Frontier is still the best movie so far but this and Wonder Woman rank 2nd. I already preorder it which you can at Amazon for 16.99 for the 2 disc special edition.

Just bought the Special Edition yesterday. It came with a mini Hal action figure.

Geoff Johns is featured a lot in the supplementary material. He sounds pretty cool. He always sounds like he's about to burst out laughing or something. I dunno, he sounds like a major stoner.

But anyways, the movie was excellent. I didn't quite like the animation though. The alien designs looked spectacular though.

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies looks AMAZING.

Last edited:
I got bored with it halfway through.

I think this will also happen with the live action movie because it won't match the insanity and crazy excitement going on in the comics.

Latest posts

Back