Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Spoilers)

CG rendered Bruce Timm style, I do believe I approve.

Not really I'm sure I'm on board for this. It makes sense for Timm and Co. to tackle a CG cartoon after all this time, but this doesn't even look as good as the cutscenes for the Batman Vengeance videogame, which was made in...2001?

[video=youtube;oj_3qfFrBwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj_3qfFrBwc[/video]

Last edited:
Cool.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to do this before the movie? A lot of the negativity surrounding the movie seems to be that people aren't familiar with or don't like the Green Lantern story as it is. This might have helped that had it come out first.

Not really I'm sure I'm on board for this. It makes sense for Timm and Co. to tackle a CG cartoon after all this time, but this doesn't even look as good as the cutscenes for the Batman Vengeance videogame, which was made in...2001?

Have we really gone from fans saying "Gee, wouldn't it be cool if all of Justice League looked like the CGI opening?" to having a Hal Jordan Green Lantern series that looks exactly like that and it's getting complained about?

Have we really gone from fans saying "Gee, wouldn't it be cool if all of Justice League looked like the CGI opening?" to having a Hal Jordan Green Lantern series that looks exactly like that and it's getting complained about?

I...never said that. I really didn't like that CGI opening. It only highlighted how ridiculous Superman and Batman's shoulders were in that show.

I never thought the first CGI opening of JUSTICE LEAGUE was good. In fact, I always hated it.

I used to read and hear that all the time in Justice League's heyday, but perhaps it's not the best example for the point I'm trying to make.

This is - at worst - Bruce Timm designs that have been brought a bit further to life by being ballooned into CG. If this were 2D hand-drawn identical to JLU and all the recent films, there'd be no problem because we know the strengths of these things have always been in the stories and direction and so on. But when they try to take the animation a bit further, suddenly the fans are entitled to way more and it's not good enough for them to even be "on board"?

Latest posts

Back