Happy New Year! 2008, w00t!!

Happy 2008, Ultimate Central!

I spent the earlier part of this evening having dinner with my parents and cousin, and then watching Ratatouille with my parents. At actual midnight, I was on the MSN chat with a group from UC. One of the better New Year's Eve celebrations I've had. :D

Seldes is so quaint and proper.:)

Happy new year

I didn't go out this year as raw was on at 11 so I stayed in and had some beers and I'm watching the wrestling

That's an American New Year.

That's an American New Year.
You shouldn't speak about new years you don't know of. That's just the redneck new year. All of America aren't rednecks. Just parts of the south.

I sure don't (and didn't) spend mine that way.

I had some apple cider (which is nasty).

You shouldn't speak about new years you don't know of. That's just the redneck new year. All of America aren't rednecks. Just parts of the south.

I sure don't (and didn't) spend mine that way.

I had some apple cider (which is nasty).

I live in Michigan. That's far from the south. And Mole lives in the UK (or Britain, or England, or wherever).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

*runs past naked and flailing*

HAPPY NUDE YEAR!!

:shock: :cry: I missed it... :cry:

*takes photo*

10 bucks a pop everyone. Get your nude skotti chan, they're selling like hotcakes! hotcakes? what is this, the 20's... no no no 2000's yeah yeah, they're selling like condoms.

Man, now I wished I hadn't bought that last drink...

2008 feels like 2007,

It sucks.

alone again hmm..

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES AND GENTS!!!!

I hoarded my chairs from last year just in case.

Last edited:
My cold was getting worse thru the day and by 10pm I could barely breathe.

So the partying option was a no-go. Who wants to make out with the cute bald guy with vodka in one hand and the other hand covering his mouth when he coughs? No one.

So I stayed in and watched "Eastern Promises" and "Serenity". I took a triple dose of Nyquil and was out by 10:30.

Considering everything that's happened this year and what's to come.........it's not like I missed out on anything.

Plus....New Year's Eve is so weird on Central Time. I remember my first NYE here in St.Louis, me and the ex didn't do anything and decided to just stay in. At 11:55pm we tuned in to watch the ball drop (hehe...I said "ball drop") but we forgot that we're an hour behind New York...so technically...the ball dropped at 11pm.

It was just weird and unnatural. I'm sure this unholy rarity is a thing of the norm to the crazy freaks of Joliet, Illinois. :lol:

Downtown was pretty great. They were having their typical big thing outside city hall and had the Plain White Tees(hey there delilah) performing. I'm not such a fan but the girls we were with were freaking out, along with every other girl in the crowd. They also had a Queen cover band on after the fireworks that were great.

Walking back was so cool because it was snowing tiny flakes extremely thickly which made it look like a thick fog was obscuring the tops of every building. On top of this, in the heart of downtown, every single surface you look at is either a building-sized TV screen or an array of neon lights. Couple this with the police barricades all over the place, sirens spinning, and wall-to-wall crowds, and it was like walking into some ridiculously Blade Runner-esque dystopian future. We were actually remarking on this when a fight broke out for no reason in the crowd a few feet away. Stupid bleak metropolis.

I opened up the new year in a sports bar in Nashville of all places, surrounded by UK fans who were obnoxiously celebrating their victory over lowly FSU, wearing a viking helmet, drinking cheap champagne made by an aftershave company, and then dining and dashing from the bar.

We had friends over and I was playing games with one of my friends and we totally missed the ball drop. Whoops.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Yeah, I know I'm 24 hours late but I haven't been online until now.

I had a really good New Years Eve :D

It started about 4 PM when I got home to my brother and his girlfriend (we had decided to spend new years eve together, eating and drinking). We decided to watch the Transformers Movie that I had brought since they hadn't seen it and what goes best to a good movie other than liquor, especially on new years eve :wink:

After we had watched it (and got a little drunk) we had dinner and more to drink.

The rest of the evening we spent laughing, drinking and talking until midnight when we got out the champagne and watched the firework. 00:17 AM we got a call from a friend of my brother and they had a party going which we were invited to so what the hell, why not.

Five minutes later we were at the party and got even MORE to drink (we were pretty drunk already before we got there). We got out of there at about 4 AM and went home to my brother (right then we had a little problem walking after all the liquor by the way).

Went we got home we, somehow, thought it would be a good idea to have something to eat and the most obvious choice at 4 AM is of course Sauce with minced meat (yeah, I don't know what you call it in the US) and more to drink with that. Eventually we got to bed.... at 7:30 AM.

I woke up at about 1 PM and my brother and his girlfriend woke up a bit later. They both were in pretty bad shape I wasn't. And yeah, I had about as much to drink as they had (and probably even more) but I have that annoying "problem" that I don't get an hangover no matter how much I had to drink so I was fine. Sure, a little tired since I hadn't slept much but other than that... nothing.

So we toke it easy during the next day to re-energize ourselves........ and now I'm home. :p

Latest posts

Back