Has anyone here played GUN?

E

Excelsior Club
I'm thinking of picking up GUN for XBox 360...it's between that and Burnout Legends.

How is GUN? Rants? Raves?

E

Excelsior Club
slimjim said:
I've never played gun.... but burnout is lots of fun :)

Yeah - I have the demo. It is fun.

I'd like a game that takes more to get into though. If it turns out GUN sucks I would pick up Tomb Raider.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Gun is nothing more than a watered-down, less-fun, easier version of Red Dead Revolver. I mean Gun is a little more serious as far as storyline...but it suffers the fate of the Fantastic 4 movie following The Incredibles. Seen it--done it--too late.

Its worth a rental if you like Westerns.....but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you can find a used copy for less than $15.

Hibiki

Really is pretentious, no matter what she says. Do
My bf bought the game thinking it was gonna be Clint Eastwood-esque and traded it in for Mario Party 7. It's much more fun, plus I love Peach.

Boil

Rule Number One with video games (excepting the Grand Theft Auto series…), always rent it first…

Better to be out 8 bucks than to pay full price for a piece of crap…

As for GUN, rented it, played it, beat it…

And it sucked after awhile…

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Boil said:
Rule Number One with video games (excepting the Grand Theft Auto series…), always rent it first…
....if you're the renting type. I'm not the renting type. I buy what I want, so I make sure I want it before I buy it.

As for this game, I've never heard of it, so there isn't anything I can say.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Boil said:

I wish I had rented Ultimate Spider-Man before buying it... :(

E

Excelsior Club
Boil said:

I hate renting. They never give you the booklet.

I hate not having the booklet.

ProjectX2

E said:

They photocopy the booklet here. Of course, it's so bad, you can't read much of it anyway.

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I need to rent before I buy. But then again I rarly buy a new game without finishing what I have first, it usually about 20 bucks used when I go to buy it.

The only games I pay full price for is the really good ones. Like the Final Fantasy or Metal Gear series.

Hibiki

Really is pretentious, no matter what she says. Do
E said:

You know, that is soooo true. I have never rented a game, maybe since I was 9 or 10, that had the friggin' booklet.

Shihad

i bought (the tony hawk and gun 2 pack) for xbox 360, its not to bad aye, its pretty easy, i clocked it after 2 days, and 1 of the days was a holiday
But if you could buy it for 2nd hand, id suggest that :)

Boil

E said:

You gotta employ a little method known as 'social engineering'…

I get the booklet every time…

…and I never take them back, I just chuck them out after awhile…!

;^p

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I was going to get Gun

gta + western How can you mess that up?

but they did. So i didn't. free roaming theres no people to interact with.

Marvel_Boy

This game feels rushed, because it was. If you're not a whore for westerns like me, it's a rental, tops.

It does have a killer cast and musical score, though.

ProjectX2

I viewed this thread on my phone today. Which is a feat, because my phone is an incomprehensible brick maze.

That's all I have to add.

ourchair

Gun

Has anybody played this?

It's like Grand Theft Auto III --- multiple money earning side quests with a main story track. Except it's a Western, so instead of driving cars, you ride horses. Horses are like cars, except they can jump.

Lots of setting-appropriate voice actors as well, including Ron Perlman, Lance Henriksen, Kris Kristofferson, Tom Skerritt and Brad Dourif of Deadwood. Thomas Jane (The Punisher) plays the lead.

I give it a 3/5.

ProjectX2

Re: Gun

I'm pretty sure E or Goodwill made a thread about it, but the stupid search feature can't search for three letter terms.

Latest posts