Heartbroken.

Dancanread

I just learned one the two LCS's I patronize, Cosmic Comics in NY, is closing for good at the end of the month. I've been going to them for over four years, since I started collecting again. It's a smaller place, not a franchise. Ice, that's the place I took you when you came to the city.

It's a sad thing for me personally, but I think also a sad statement of the times.

Bleagh.

You probably downloaded one too many comics.

You just had to 'try before I buy' didn't you?

Totally, Ice. A great, old school kinda place.

You probably downloaded one too many comics.

You just had to 'try before I buy' didn't you?

Loeb isn't getting another dime from me.

Srsly, though, never pirated in me life. Arrr.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit odd since my LCS actually has been doing better and moved to a much bigger store a year or two back

I don't even have a local comic shop.

I just learned one the two LCS's I patronize, Cosmic Comics in NY, is closing for good at the end of the month. I've been going to them for over four years, since I started collecting again. It's a smaller place, not a franchise. Ice, that's the place I took you when you came to the city.

It's a sad thing for me personally, but I think also a sad statement of the times.

Bleagh.

It's a bit odd since my LCS actually has been doing better and moved to a much bigger store a year or two back

Random's comic shop stole all the customers from Dan's comic shop using slander and underhanded tactics and now they've gone out of business.

Mystery solved.

Random's comic shop stole all the customers from Dan's comic shop using slander and underhanded tactics and now they've gone out of business.

Mystery solved.

Wow, Random. That's kind of a jerk move. :-?

I don't even have a local comic shop.

Well, none of us do either. We just go to the local comic shop, we aren't crazy enough to think we have to own a shop before we can buy anything from it.

But I'm not surprised by your unceasingly hysterical need for ownership of everything.

You are from New Zealand after all.

Well, none of us do either. We just go to the local comic shop, we aren't crazy enough to think we have to own a shop before we can buy anything from it.

But I'm not surprised by your unceasingly hysterical need for ownership of everything.

New Zealand?

You mean the Arnie to Australia's Gilbert Grape?

Last edited:

......but I do own my own shop local comic shop........

on a side note, one of the bigger comic shops in the area did close down recently.

tumblr_kurdmbrCvZ1qzo3hmo1_500.jpg

From Cosmic owner Mark Friedman:

"Thanks for all the kind words about my store, but the reports of its demise are premature. Cosmic Comic closed because my partner and I wanted to retire (we are both in our 60's and have interests outside of comics). Sales have gone down significantly in the past few years. I suppose the high cost of individual issues, combined with a bad economy are the logical culprits, but our store was and is still profitable. Indeed , we have just completed a deal to keep the store open under new ownership, starting January 1st. So thanks again for the nice remembrances, but please keep patronizing the store."

Dancanread said:
I suppose the high cost of individual issues, combined with a bad economy are the logical culprits

Are you reading this, Joe Q? Still worried about "ghettoizing" yourself, moron?

Quesada should lose his job over the pricing stuff that has been going on.

Latest posts

Back