Helping Me Expand My Roots

Bass said:
:shock:

Gotham Central is cancelled?

I just started picking this thing up! :(
I thought you knew :cry:

The support group meets wensday nights in the chat. Come join us brother.

Bass said:
:shock:

Gotham Central is cancelled?

I just started picking this thing up! :(

It'll be replaced by a new Gotham Book, I guarentee it.

most likely one centered around The Latin Lesbocop, Miss Montoya.

Latin Lesbocop has been confirmed to be the title of the book

Dr.Strangefate said:

I'd buy it if Brubaker was writing....

Baxter said:
I thought you knew :cry:

The support group meets wensday nights in the chat. Come join us brother.

No you ****ing ********ing piece of ****. "Buy Gotham Central, Bass! It's cool!" then it gets cancelled? Just like that? Why didn't you tell us, huh? WHY DID YOU KEEP IT A SECRET! I am gonna MURDER you! And I'll get away with it too! Not a court in the land would convict me, you ****-faced cock***!

Dr. Strangefate said:

Why do you hate queers so much? You're becoming a real racist, you know.

Bass said:
No you ****ing ********ing piece of ****. "Buy Gotham Central, Bass! It's cool!" then it gets cancelled? Just like that? Why didn't you tell us, huh? WHY DID YOU KEEP IT A SECRET! I am gonna MURDER you! And I'll get away with it too! Not a court in the land would convict me, you ****-faced *******!
I could have sworn I mentioned it... Well, feel free to come stateside. I'm just treading water in my life anyway.

roguefan said:
I buy the X-Men books because, I am literally adicted to them. I know it sounds bad, but it's like a drug. I've stopped buying New X-Men, and I'm gonna buy X-Factor and Son of M in trades now, which means I'm starting to build bridges across the pit of X-Men death.

I buy X-Men because Rogue is in it. My favourite character needs some time in my hands (no dirtiness intended), so I buy X-Men. I also like the soap opera-esque style of the book.

I buy Uncanny X-Men to show my support for Claremont. He is a good writer in my eyes (sometimes) and I love the way he writes some of the characters. Rachel Grey is excellently written by him.

I buy Generation M because Paul Jenkins is an excellent writer, and I love his wrok on this book.

Ultimate X-Men I buy because I've collected since Issue 1 and I've loved it. There haven't been many down issues, and I'm looking forward to Kirkman.

I buy Runaways in the HC's, same with Young Avengers.

Stinger-NXM got good with #20!!!!!!!!!!!!

An easy way to get around buying too many titles is get the mini's in trades.That way you can hear the feedback on a series before you buy and not be in fear of not being able to get the back issues.Marvel mini's are usually a way of either wrapping up plots(Endsong) or trying out ideas their not sure of(Jenkins writing Pulse,PAD doing another X-Factor book,etc).

Get Astonishing on your list,now. Its waaaaaaay ahead of the other books,no argument.

Buying a bad book cuz the writer did some good work in the past is.......well.....if you want to.

X-Men-Havok's my favourite character but i'm not going to buy a **** book to see him written badly.

New X-Men got better, IMO, with #20. I do miss the Defillipis & Weer (sp?), but the title really got a kick with #20. Finally great to have a steady artist, and Mark Brooks just kicks *** with his art. Really great. He's the one who did the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual.

roguefan said:
I will buy the next issues of Astonishing X-Men.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

...................you didnt buy the other ones?and you call yourself an xmen fan?????????????????????????

Well, I only started to get into the X-Titles a couple of years ago, and that was with a title that they prnt in the UK, Essential X-Men, which is a couple of years behind the US. When I discovered my comic store, AXM had started already, and I've only now started to buy regular issues of X-Men titles, which I used to get in trades.

So, what about all the other suggestions?

If you really like X-Men, and haven't done this already, pick up the 6 or 7 TPBs of Grant Morrison on New X-Men. Because it was the first time X-Men had ever been good.

UltimateE said:
If you really like X-Men, and haven't done this already, pick up the 6 or 7 TPBs of Grant Morrison on New X-Men. Because it was the first time X-Men had ever been good.

I agree. I have never read anything so good. I have to say this is a little above Ultimates for me cause I have always been a X-men fan over Avengers.

roguefan said:
As I said earlier, I read a comic in England that is a couple (or more) years behind. We're just about to finish New X-Men and then I'll finish reading this comic and go full time on US comics.

Yeah, I got in by those as well.Was looking in Eason's yesterday and there's like 7 of the things now!Used to only be 4 or so..........ah memories. I got off 'em around Eve Of Destruction and The Search For Cyclops.

Seriously pick up AXM, its amazing.

UltimateE said:
It was way better than anything I had read before. I miss Morrison... :cry:

icemastertron said:
It was way better than anything I had read before. I miss Morrison... :cry:

*points at DC*

Latest posts

Back