Hitch on Fanboy Radio 12/7

14rdb

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet -- I tried searching but I can't access the search function at the moment (the search box appears behind the FF DVD ad).

Anyway, Bryan Hitch is going to be on Fanbody Radio next Wednesday for a live interview.

www.fanboyradio.com

Should be good. The only dilemma for me is the fact that he's going to be on at 1:00 pm CST. I won't be able to pick up U2 #9 any earlier than that and I wouldn't be surprised if they discuss the new issue.

I know they make all of their shows available to download for a small fee (like 75 cents), but I'm not sure how quickly they put them up. I haven't decided if I'm going to listen in live yet.

14rdb said:
I know they make all of their shows available to download for a small fee (like 75 cents), but I'm not sure how quickly they put them up. I haven't decided if I'm going to listen in live yet.
They also make the episodes free and available for download at http://www.fbrpc.com as a podcast, even though it technically isn't a podcast, just a downloadable mp3 file.

However, to save space and bandwidth they usually replace the full hour show with an excerpt after a few weeks. So just wait a while and keep checking the URL if you wanna download the whole show. It's what I do, and it keeps me in good supply of listening material when I'm commuting to class.

ourchair said:
They also make the episodes free and available for download at http://www.fbrpc.com as a podcast, even though it technically isn't a podcast, just a downloadable mp3 file.

However, to save space and bandwidth they usually replace the full hour show with an excerpt after a few weeks. So just wait a while and keep checking the URL if you wanna download the whole show. It's what I do, and it keeps me in good supply of listening material when I'm commuting to class.
Cool. Thanks.

Here's the download link for the 'podcast' of the show:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/fanboyradio/fbr_278.mp3

Here're some tidpits from the episode:

* When designing Ultimate Nick Fury, Bryan Hitch wasn't really going for Samuel Jackson as inspiration. "I was aiming for Avery Brooks." (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).

*The idea of Fury being black came out of Colin Powell and cool guys like Dean Martin. "We kind of wanted both of those elements, the high ranking Colin Powell-type figure and the King of Cool."

* Hawkeye's kids were not based on Hitch's kids, but rather his nephews. They were changed enough to not resemble them. "They wouldn't recognize themselves."

* Hitch claims that much of his storytelling is influenced by Warren Ellis. "Warren is one of the biggest influences I've ever had as a storyteller because I learned so much working with him... the economy of his writing is brilliant."

* The opening pages of Ultimates 2 # 10 will feature full descriptions of the members of the supervillain team including names and powers and where they came from.

* Contrary to popular belief, the two occasions in which Hank Pym was nude were not referenced from Millar's backside.

ourchair said:
* The opening pages of Ultimates 2 # 10 will feature full descriptions of the members of the supervillain team including names and powers and where they came from.

So much for people complaining about the new team not having any exposition. I certainly look foward to knowing who's who and ow they all recieved their powers.

Latest posts

Back