Hitch on Ultimates 12 and 13

glenthalium said:
Greetings everyone, my first post here.

When I went to pick up Ultimates 2 #11 (which was sadly put off yet another two weeks), the manager of the comic book store told me that Hitch has some kind of disability that he's been dealing with his whole life and it's just now (as in over the last year) becoming too much of a problem. I have not heard or seen anything else to confirm it though.

It's not Bryan Hitch (the artist), it's Mark Millar (the writer) - he has Chrohn's Disease, a sort of auto-immune disorder. He was hospitalized for it last year and again this year.

The delays are a combination of things - first, the issues are running long (according to Hitch, this issue is 38 story pages instead of the normal 22); second, Hitch is a perfectionist and a fabulous artist but not a fast artist; third, Millar and Hitch work "semi old Marvel style" meaning that the pages get passed back and forth between them for multiple revisions and rewrites; and fourth, Millar is also working on Civil War, Marvel's huge crossover event, and that has scheduling priority.

The bottom line is that we wait.

And it's been put off further than 2 weeks. Current ship date is September 13, 5 weeks from now.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
The bottom line is that we wait.
The nub, some say the crux in one :D

At least the TPB is going to be a damn big seller, when all the disaffected Ultimates fans can finally catch up after giving up hope of seeing an end.

Latest posts

Back