Hitch: Ultimates 2 #12 will be "a large issue"

MoS

From the Ultimates cartoon panel at WWT:

Hitch said that issue 12 of Ultimates 2 will probably be a large issue, because they'd rather not do a #13 and they have the whole universe in #12.

also this nugget:

QUESTION: Bryan, do you know your next project?

HITCH: Yes, I do. Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
Re: Hitch on Ultimates V2 #12

The good news: More Ultimates goodness
The bad news: Likely a higher cover price (although it would still be less than 2 separate issues), likely to be delayed longer than usual.

Re: Hitch on Ultimates V2 #12

By the way, this is newsworthy. If anyone has a link I'll format this and move it to the news forum.

Another thing that bothers me - he said it "probably" will be larger. Indicating that he hasn't started on it yet. After supposedly having the first 6 issues in the can, he should be working on it now, if not done.

Obviously this is not a surprise since we've had delays even with #8, but still - bad.

UltimateE said:
Another thing that bothers me - he said it "probably" will be larger. Indicating that he hasn't started on it yet. After supposedly having the first 6 issues in the can, he should be working on it now, if not done.

Obviously this is not a surprise since we've had delays even with #8, but still - bad.
Also means that Millar hasn't finished the script. I'd expect a two month delay for that one.

I hope they made the movie for the fans, not for the public.

UltimateE said:

I agree.

SeAcoW said:
I hope they made the movie for the fans, not for the public.

Because non-comic readers should be excluded wherever possible? I hope the movie is enjoyable to any human being who happens to see it, myself.

Guijllons said:
Also means that Millar hasn't finished the script. I'd expect a two month delay for that one.
Well to be fair, that depends on how far the bottleneck starts. We don't know if Millar has finished the script or not, but we know Hitch hasn't finished it. It's highly possible, but not as entirely certain as Hitch.

Frankly, I'm not surprised about the double-size ish. I don't really believe that Millar or Marvel want to place the giant-sized battle and then have readers wait an entire month (or more) for the denouement.

Notice how the balance of 'unused' pages from the 13th issue can now be used to squeeze in the Ultimate Vision story into either the Ultimates 2 hardcover, or the Grand Theft America TPB.

compound said:
Notice how the balance of 'unused' pages from the 13th issue can now be used to squeeze in the Ultimate Vision story into either the Ultimates 2 hardcover, or the Grand Theft America TPB.
Um, what unused pages?

If Ultimates 2 # 12 is double sized, that means it still uses up enough pages to constitute a '13th' issue. Ultimates # 13 was about 41 pages once you minus the recap page. Thus, the GTA TPB will still be about seven normal-sized issues long.

Marvel can still fit in the Ultimate Vision story, but only if they plan to make it a hefty-sized TPB that runs about the same thickness as say USM: Power and Responsibility and Alias Vol. 1.

vintsukka said:
Don't forget GTA is supposed to include the Annual too.
I think that is just pure speculation, even though the other titles will have it in TPB's, that doesn't mean Ultimates will for sure. Has anything been stated anywhere about this yet?

Latest posts

Back