Hobgoblin TPB - blech

DIrishB said:
This is just Bendis being a dumb-*** again. Either that or we can assume the reporter was a dumb-*** and mistakenly referred to him as a Colonel. One of the two. I mean he's been a general since after UXM #11 when Ross (supposedly) died.
I'm guessing it's Bendis' mistake, as both the reporter and one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. employees calls Fury "Colonel". (Boy, and I thought my memory was bad.... :roll: )

and how come there are green goblin costumes in normans hideout, is that because harry thinks he is wearing a costume, and that whole scene was in harrys head, and how did he get the oz serum in him?

Lithium said:
i must be ab-normal because i think i'm the only one who liked this arc.

I liked it too. And the trade cover. I'm not quite sure what the complaint is.

Last edited:
shadyd1224 said:
and how come there are green goblin costumes in normans hideout, is that because harry thinks he is wearing a costume, and that whole scene was in harrys head, and how did he get the oz serum in him?

I've not read this arc yet i'm still waiting on Amazon.co.uk to post it.
I heard someone say the masks are just lil nods to fans of 616 and movies not part of the story just there to make you think "Ahhhhhhh the good old days"

sjmole said:
I've not read this arc yet i'm still waiting on Amazon.co.uk to post it.
I heard someone say the masks are just lil nods to fans of 616 and movies not part of the story just there to make you think "Ahhhhhhh the good old days"

Yeah, that was a little easter egg Bendis threw in, not meant to be taken seriously per se, sort of like the Eddie Brock/reporter mention in Double Trouble.

Seldes Katne said:
What's the deal with Mr. Shaw? At one point I thought he might be a figment of Harry's imagination, but he does seem to interact with the physical world, and I don't think Harry would be able to shut his own memories off and on with the "cellar door" codeword, so presumably Shaw really is there. So he has access to some form of stealth technology? Or has some innate ability to render himself invisible? Was that explained somewhere, and I missed it?
Spiderfan.org said
Peter Kroon said:
Well, what can I say? Mr. Shaw is actually a figment of Harry's mind. It's not told in the story, it's disclosed in the introduction to this issue.
The intro wasn't included in the trade so this could be true.

I thought Hobgoblin was ok, not great, not horrible.

Seldes Katne said:
I'm guessing it's Bendis' mistake, as both the reporter and one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. employees calls Fury "Colonel". (Boy, and I thought my memory was bad.... :roll: )

Did he get demoted when General Ross came back?

Hobgoblin arc IMO *spoilers*

I read the hobgoblin tpb today. I was shocked by how good it was. It's easyly one of the best Ultimate spider-man tpbs.

Reading comments by other people on the hobgoblin arc I thought it was going to be crap. I was wrong.

- Harry as Hobgoblin wanting to die
- How peter treated MJ after gwen's death
- Aunt may selling house because of to many bad memorys
- MJ and peter spliting up!
- Spider-man finaly hitting nick fury

This tpb is simply amazing. Great story. Great art (like all ultimate spider-man books ect the ultimate Six TPB) It was well pulled off asnd the hidden easter egg/wink at fans of the green goblin mask from 616 and from the Movie was kick ***.

Anyone agree with me?

sjmole said:
I read the hobgoblin tpb today. I was shocked by how good it was. It's easyly one of the best Ultimate spider-man tpbs.

Reading comments by other people on the hobgoblin arc I thought it was going to be crap. I was wrong.

- Harry as Hobgoblin wanting to die
- How peter treated MJ after gwen's death
- Aunt may selling house because of to many bad memorys
- MJ and peter spliting up!
- Spider-man finaly hitting nick fury

This tpb is simply amazing. Great story. Great art (like all ultimate spider-man books ect the ultimate Six TPB) It was well pulled off asnd the hidden easter egg/wink at fans of the green goblin mask from 616 and from the Movie was kick ***.

Anyone agree with me?

I agree it was a good read when read altogether, like in TPB forum, but the thing was getting it in single issues. the first 4 issues had no action in it and it just seemed nothing was happening, thats what was so frustrating.

I didn't like it because it was the typical villain of the week kind of arc. 5 issues up buildup, 1 issue of resolution, all tied up in a neat little package that (aside from the very minor plot points you mentioned) had almost no reprocussions in the ongoing book.

Bleh.

Hobgoblin - god, its things like this that make me want to get Richard Whettestone on Bendis' ***.

Nurhachi said:
I agree it was a good read when read altogether, like in TPB forum, QUOTE]

yeah. I only get TPB of ultimate spider-man i prefure TPB to issuies

Latest posts

Back