Hobgoblin

I really hope that the hobgoblin is close to the original as possible in terms of how it looks. I always liked the way the goblins looked. (I was not a fan of the movie version) Although i liked the way norman looked in USM's first arc i really wasnt much of a fan as he turned into a hulk like goblin.

Anyway, i think that this should be a completely original character (no norman no harry etc) Someone new for the ultimate universe, i also agree with what others have said about his identitiy remaining a mystery. The original green goblin was a mystery and so was hobgoblin. the only problem with that is that any future writers can really mess that up. (it is a mystery for like 5 years, bendis reveals it to be someone then another writer comes along and undos what bendis did because it was easy to undo with all the "mysterious moments")

Anyway, hopefully they have the glider and pumpkin bombs....they are the coolest.

i really wasnt much of a fan as he turned into a hulk like goblin

Me either. I guess the Ultimate goblin juice was a little different...

Yeah, I didn't like that either. I thought that it was a little too close to the Hulk with the look of Abomination. Really not cool. They should keep him skinny for the most part next time he comes around just so that he has more brains than muscle. You did see a decline in his intellect by the end of the second GG arc.

sto110 said:
Anyway, i think that this should be a completely original character (no norman no harry etc) Someone new for the ultimate universe, i also agree with what others have said about his identitiy remaining a mystery. The original green goblin was a mystery and so was hobgoblin. the only problem with that is that any future writers can really mess that up. (it is a mystery for like 5 years, bendis reveals it to be someone then another writer comes along and undos what bendis did because it was easy to undo with all the "mysterious moments")

That's pretty much what happened with the original Hobgoblin. Roger Stern created the character but he left Marvel before revealing Hobgoblin's identity. A later writer made Ned Leeds the Hobgoblin's real identity (which when examined doesn't make much sense) and that's how things stood until 1997 when Stern came back and set the record straight. He was able to do this because Hobgoblin had frequently fooled the police and Spider-Man as to his identity through mind control of other individuals (lefty Donovan) or simply drugging them and leaving them in a spare costume (Flash Thompson).

That's one thing I'd like to see as part of Ultimate Hobgolin's story, lots of dead ends and false clues.

Interesting... Makes me think that it won't happen in the Ultimate Universe because the writer is set in stone and we won't have to worry about that kinda thing in his story.

I think Harry will be the Hobgoblin. He was involved in the Oz incident and is contained in SHIELD(I think). I think he will inject the Oz serum into him and try to kill Peter and the Ultimates.

Read my post in the Doctor Strange thread... I think you completely gave up the chance of Harry being Hobby, Project! :)

Latest posts

Back