How did Bendis do Ultimizing Ultimate Deadpool?

Ultimate Deadpool Rating

• Total voters
Ultimate Deadpool was garbage, plain and simple. Bendis took a great character and took away what made the character so cool, his smart mouth. That's like saying "Ok Captain America, we're gonna put you in a book, but you're not gonna have your shield." How frickin lame would that be?!

Bottom line: Bendis, I'm one of your biggest supporters, and you screwed over one of my favorite characters like this? Damn you, Bendis. Damn you for letting me down.

I'll give him one more chance. If he screws up Ultimate Scorpion, I'm jumping ship to DC. See if I'm lying.:x

I put 3, just because I liked the character and the villain dynamics but hate the fact that it was deadpool, they should of kept the same character but replace DP with someone else

Mother****er.

I read MWoF's post in the other thread BEFORE I see this thread. Which means we have duplicate polls.

*cries*

ProjectX2 said:
Mother****er.

I read MWoF's post in the other thread BEFORE I see this thread. Which means we have duplicate polls.

*cries*

I removed the poll from the other thread.

Random said:
I put 3, just because I liked the character and the villain dynamics but hate the fact that it was deadpool, they should of kept the same character but replace DP with someone else

I agree with this. Liked the character but not that it was Deadpool. I gave it a two based off of this because I'm a big DP fan and it hurt.

What it honestly is, is that Bendis took the old Revears leader, Donald Pierce, and put Deadpool in his place. Besides name and costume, they're basically the same person. Donald gave up more than any other Reaver to become a cyborg, like what Deadpool did. The difference in their faces is that for Donald it was all robotic while DP was real skin and tissue and skeleton.

Not a very good ultimization, because it looks like Bendis didn't do anything in part of Deadpool to really ultimize him.

2 stars.

I didn't know 616 Deadpool coming into this arc but, judging by the way fans were anticipating his ultimization, I figured he was big ****. One of thos psuedo-A list characters that everyone latches on to... I was kind of hoping that I could, too.

I don't think Ultimate Deadpool lived up to the hype. Not hardly.

That said, I thought it was a good introduction to the character and it makes me wonder where he can go... The safest bet would be the Ultimate X-Men, where I thought his introduction should have been in the first place. The fact that he showed up in Spider-Man did hurt his character, I thought, because he was virtually irrelevant to the web-slinger.

I gave him a 4. He's not the Deadpool that I sometimes confuse myself as being, but he's what Deadpool could have been if he didn't become a cult icon. Maybe I'm just biased.

Last edited:
Horrible horrible horrible. I thought that the, you know, the skull in a plastic container or whatever was original and a nice Ultimization of Deadpool's skin deformation. But the rest? Horrible. Wadey Wilson? What the hell. And then Deadpool had NO sense of humor at all. Hopefully somebody, maybe Millar who is a Deadpool fan, will come along and fix him and say the explosion ruptured his mind and gives him his sense of humor.

One star.

Last edited:
I think you're right... If Bendis made the Host the one who had ideals and stuff Deadpool would have come off as a much cooler character.

Nothing is worse than Hob. Seriously. Like Gwen, Doctor Conners, and DeWolfe, Bendis ruined Harry and his interesting character by turning him into a thoughtless monster. Dumb.

Latest posts

Back