How did you get here?

Hmm... Searching for a place to talk about Ultimate X-Men mostly... When I first joined I was only reading ultimates, then I picked up all of Sandman during a month, got hooked into DC with Identity Crisis, and going to the comic shop every week opened many new doors to me, so I kept posting more and more...

But I was only a post or two every few days kind of guy... It wasn't until I got really into comics that I started posting here more and more often (mostly because I was irritated that people who showed up months/years after me for continuing to exceed my on post count).

I don't know.

I remember reading a DCUA art forum and someone posted the cover to Ultimate Secret #1. I wondered what it was and followed the link back here, though I found an older version of UC. I think I lurked for a while, reading threads (it was basically E, Ice, Goodwill and some other randoms talking about nothing).

I posted on the Ultimate Universe Message Board thing for a while, until Ricky linked me back here and said I should join. So I did. And here I am today.

Hmm... Searching for a place to talk about Ultimate X-Men mostly... When I first joined I was only reading ultimates, then I picked up all of Sandman during a month, got hooked into DC with Identity Crisis, and going to the comic shop every week opened many new doors to me, so I kept posting more and more...

But I was only a post or two every few days kind of guy... It wasn't until I got really into comics that I started posting here more and more often (mostly because I was irritated that people who showed up months/years after me for continuing to exceed my on post count).

Amen brother.

+1

I remember when you were one of those people who didn't post very often.

I still have more posts than you. :D
I don't know.
MAYBE YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN HERE!?!!

OMGWTFONOZ

I remember when you were one of those people who didn't post very often.
I remember when you were one of those people who hit the thousand mark so ****ing fast that I wanted to strangle you.

But I always had something to say when I posted, and I was pretty awesome at thought-out, detailed speculation (despite it almost never coming true).

I don't think I posted in the Lounge at ALL until my second year on the forum. I was all about comic discussion...

I think my all-time coolest thing I've ever done on the board is when I tallied up the number of threads on DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm comics, comparing them to the numbers in the Marvel forums, saying that we needed a DC Forum. And then there was a DC Forum.

I still have more posts than you. :D

Yeah, well who's the Mod now, *****? :p

Last edited:
I remember when you were one of those people who hit the thousand mark so ****ing fast that I wanted to strangle you.
Now I feel the same way about Doom and others. How have they passed me up so quickly?
Yeah, well who's the Mod now, *****? :p
I'm a Mod.

In spirit.

Stop bragging.

You were the one responsible for that horrible influx of USM n00bs and fanboys.

I'm never gonna forgive you for that.
Excuse me for putting us on the GLOBAL map.

And it's not like they weren't coming anyways...

Also, I never sent my letter in for publishing. That was John Barber who wanted to do that. I'm like "free UC publicity, E will LOVE IT!" and he did.

Last edited:
I saw Ice in Vaughan's board (or was it Kirkman's?) and he always had a link in his sig here.

I lurked for a month and a half and joined because I loved USM, UXM, and Ultimates....those were the days.

I saw Ice in Vaughan's board (or was it Kirkman's?) and he always had a link in his sig here.

I lurked for a month and a half and joined because I loved USM, UXM, and Ultimates....those were the days.
Kirkman's board. It's where we met.

Damn. I'm awesome.

I don't know.

I remember reading a DCUA art forum and someone posted the cover to Ultimate Secret #1. I wondered what it was and followed the link back here, though I found an older version of UC. I think I lurked for a while, reading threads (it was basically E, Ice, Goodwill and some other randoms talking about nothing).

Arent 89% of the threads is us talking about nothing anyway?

Last edited:
I believe it was Wikipedia. At the time I was only reading Ultimates, my very first comic and I went to Wikipedia to take a look at the rest of the Ultimate Universe and there was a link here. I lurked for a little while. Then I joined, but I didn't post often and only posted in the comic related threads at first. Then I went away for a while. Nobody noticed. Then I came back with authority and a dancing Megaman avatar. Posted for the better part of a year, then disappeared for a while. Only Doom and Houde noticed. They replaced me with Twi. Then I came back again! And here I am. Until I disappear again.

I think through a google serach that brought up DiB's timeline. At the time (I think around March of last year) I didn't have regular access to the internet, so I didn't register, but I would check in when I could until I got internet at work, then I signed up and have been awesome ever since.

Latest posts

Back