How do you rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four run (Annual #1, #21-32)?

How do you rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four run (Annual #1, #21-32)?

• Total voters
searzy said:

I didn't like the Namor arc as well! It could have been WAY better.
Good thing I'm not the only fan to think this.

I love the Namor arc. It sets up things to stem out later for another writer and I think Millar was trying to let someone run off that.

I have to disagree. I felt the Namor arc could have been better if it wasn't 3 issues.
A person like Namor deserves a 6 issue arc. It would have been WAY better

searzy said:

I have to disagree. I felt the Namor arc could have been better if it wasn't 3 issues.
A person like Namor deserves a 6 issue arc. It would have been WAY better

Had it been given 6 issues, Namor could have been a very, very good self-contained story. That said, I recall an interview were Millar claimed he was just laying down threads for stories in the future, should someone want to pick them up. If that is the case, and a large story is being planned in the future, then I think the arc served its purpose.
Seeing as how Doom is the most powerful superhuman in the Marvel Universe, does that mean he could defeat Namor 1 v 1?

Last edited:
Seeing as how Doom is the most powerful superhuman in the Marvel Universe, does that mean he could defeat Namor 1 v 1?[/QUOTE]

Great question! Since I don't believe Doom is the most powerfull in the Ultimate Universe.
But I have to add, I don't know who I would say is the most powerfull person is. The Universe is still too young. A lot of characters have not showed up yet.

About the magic thing. Meh there's Dr Strange in this universe and he's a magic user.

Ultimate is more realistic but that doesn't mean there's not magic, werewolves, vampires, or cosmic forces...it's just not as front and center like in 616.

searzy said:
Seeing as how Doom is the most powerful superhuman in the Marvel Universe, does that mean he could defeat Namor 1 v 1?

Great question! Since I don't believe Doom is the most powerfull in the Ultimate Universe.
But I have to add, I don't know who I would say is the most powerfull person is. The Universe is still too young. A lot of characters have not showed up yet.[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Hulk, Namor, and Magneto are pretty powerful. But Ultimate Thanos is coming up and we'll see if he can out do them.

Can a large group of robots be counted as a being? lol

Maybe, but we never saw Gah Lak Tus fight anything. He (it/they) never got to Earth. So that will be answered another day.

Yeah i know i'm just fooling. Was Silver Surfer a pretty powerful character? B/c he was pretty strong compared to Thanos in 616. Maybe we'll even see Ultimate Adam Warlock.

I refuse to call those winged Silver men the Silver Surfer. Maybe another Gal Lak Tus story will bring in a Surfer me (a Surfer fan) could respect.

Adam Warlock...Carey said something about how it was tempting to bring him in sometime in his run. So maybe this to next year will see Ultimate Adam Warlock.

thee great one said:
Not to get offtopic but Doom was the most powerful superhuman in the area. Not everywhere.

You may be right; the dialouge to the scene is this:
UFF#32 said:
Thing: "What's happening? where's it going?"
Doom: "It can't do anything without a human host so it's off in search of the most powerful one it can find!

So...maybe he isn't more powerful than Namor...

To get back on topic, I hope the next team does this book as well as Millar does. It would have been great to have him a little longer.

Last edited:
And it also said human. Thor is a Norse god.

Millar had a trully fantastic run there (bad pun intended), and I'm actually really sad to see him go - except for the fact that it might bring him back up to date with a certain wee other comic that he has been working on.

And no, I don't mean civil war.

Millar is my faworite writer, but i don't like his run on UFF. Yes - this is fantastic story (Science Finction elements), but this isn't original, because Plot based on Original FF by Stan Lee. I don't like Scrulls and Time Travel in Ultimate Universe, and i don't like what Millar did with Doom character - this is very bad ending of Frightful!

absolutely fantastic. I never cared for the team and I thought the book was horrible prior to this run but I loved Millar and Land. They will definetly be missed

Did we ever find out why Doom changed his name from Victor Van Damme to Victor Von Doom???

I think that was one of the things that Millar never wrapped up or touched on.

Latest posts

Back