Avengers How does the hood's gang compare to past super villain groups?

The Overlord

How does the hood's gang compare to past super villain groups? How do compare with like past versions of the Masters of Evil, etc?

it's larger, but it's filled with loser's, has-been's, and wannabe's

Actually the forth and most impressive Masters of Evil was pretty large and was mainly filled with B-listers and C-listers, many of whom are now in Hood's group:

* Baron Helmut Zemo (leader)
* Absorbing Man
* Goliath
* Blackout (new recruit) (died in Avengers #277)
* Black Mamba (associate, appears as Tanya Sealy)
* Fixer
* Grey Gargoyle
* Mister Hyde
* Moonstone
* Screaming Mimi (new recruit)
* Tiger Shark
* Titania
* Whirlwind
* The Wrecking Crew
o Bulldozer
o Piledriver
o Thunderball
o Wrecker
* Yellowjacket (Rita DeMara) (died in Avengers: The Crossing)

This is the team that pulled off the "Siege of the avengers Mansion" in the 80s and they did by: 1) Having more villains then the heroes and 2) outflanking the heroes, ganging up on one or two heroes at a time, rather than trying to take them all on at once. Now this worked because Baron Zemo is one of the best villain leaders in MU, we can't say that about the Hood at the moment.

What I don't understand is, why would Bendis use the Hood at all if he's just going to be written so out of character to practically be a different person anyway. Just create a new guy.

What I don't understand is, why would Bendis use the Hood at all if he's just going to be written so out of character to practically be a different person anyway. Just create a new guy.

i'm also pretty sure the Hood was going to become a good guy after BEYOND!

*EDIT*

HE'S A SKRULL!

Last edited:

He could have just used Count Nefaria, he is a crime boss and he is more or less an evil Superman, so he could have actually taken on the Mighty Avengers in a fist fight.

How does the hood's gang compare to past super villain groups? How do compare with like past versions of the Masters of Evil, etc?

Too early to say.

And my opinion probably doesn't count since I tend to avoid stories with the Masters of Evil and crap like that.

it's larger, but it's filled with loser's, has-been's, and wannabe's

But lacks a lot of the ego of those bigger named teams. Magneto, Apocalypse, Green Goblin, Dr. Doom, and Red Skull could all team up...but they'd also all fight for who's the leader.

I'd really love to see this group be a big threat because everyone knows their place and everyone gets rewards for helping the group.

i'm also pretty sure the Hood was going to become a good guy after BEYOND!

*EDIT*

HE'S A SKRULL!

He could be a Skrull. I'm not kidding. The Hood's gang and the Skrull threat could be the same threat. Elektra was leading the hand and she was Skrull. Why not the Hood?

Too early to say.

And my opinion probably doesn't count since I tend to avoid stories with the Masters of Evil and crap like that.

Mores the pity, "Siege of the avengers Mansion" is considered one of the best Avengers stories ever.

But lacks a lot of the ego of those bigger named teams. Magneto, Apocalypse, Green Goblin, Dr. Doom, and Red Skull could all team up...but they'd also all fight for who's the leader.

I'd really love to see this group be a big threat because everyone knows their place and everyone gets rewards for helping the group.

They did have a giant team up like in the early 90s, the Acts of Vengeance Gang with Loki (disguised as a butler) Dr. Doom, Magneto, Kingpin, Mandarin, Red Skull and the Wizard as the inner circle with other villain Earth bound villain as cannon fodder and foot soldiers. Really powerful, but fell apart really quickly, they always bickered and couldn't get along. At the end Magneto tried to kill the Skull for being a Nazi and Doom had shown his contempt for the whole lot of them by revealing the Doom at the meetings was really just a Doombot and Loki got pissed and tried to kill the 3 remaining villains.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back