How does the Ultimate Universe compare to other alternate comic universes?

The Overlord

Since it looks like the Ultimate Universe is ending soon, I thought it be fun to compare to the UU to other comic alternate universes. How does the UU compare to other alternate Marvel Universes like Earth X, Marvel 2099 or Age of Apocalypse? Also how does the UU compare with the New 52 DC Universe?

I don't think anything is better than Earth X/Universe X/Paradise X. One of the all time great stories and very underrated,

It seems like most people here prefer Earth X to the UU. What about other universes, how does the UU compared with Marvel 2099, Age of Apocalypse, the new 52, etc.

It seems like most people here prefer Earth X to the UU. What about other universes, how does the UU compared with Marvel 2099, Age of Apocalypse, the new 52, etc.

I didn't care for much of what I read of those, so I don't know that my comments will mean much.

I read a number of the 2099 books and the only one that managed to hold my interest for a significant period of time was Spider-Man 2099. I read about 12 issues worth and liked it, but I think around that time I started to drift away from comics. I read a few others (X-Men & Fantastic Four) but they weren't significant enough for me to remember. The followup books that came out around 2004 were garbage.

Age of Apocalypse - I started on that but didn't get far due to lack of interest. I've been wanting to give it another shot after reading Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force but it hasn't been important enough for me to put aside all the other stuff in my "to read" list.

A vast, vast majority of New 52 is unremarkable at best, and awful at worst. They rebooted everything to give crappy writers the chance to tell crappy stories. There are exceptions - the Batman books have been good as has Animal Man and Swamp Thing. I'm quite enjoying Batman/Superman. But to answer your question I don't have much of an opinion of the universe as a whole.

Latest posts

Back