How long do you think the ultimate universe will last?

how long do you think the ultimate universe will last for?

• 5 more years

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 10 more years

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • It will never be canceled becasue it is just selling too well

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

a fan

The question I have is how long do you thing the ultimate universe will last for? 5 years, 10 years? never ending like the 616 universe. it will eventuely get bogged down in continiuty so marvel might think of canceling it but I don't see the point of canceling the ultimate universe

a fan said:
The question I have is how long do you thing the ultimate universe will last for? 5 years, 10 years? never ending like the 616 universe. it will eventuely get bogged down in continiuty so marvel might think of canceling it but I don't see the point of canceling the ultimate universe

I have a thread like this somewhere I started. It was one of my first posts. I used to think it should be wrapped up within a few years. Just have some sort of definitive end to it.

Last edited:
The fact that the Ultimate universe is so small compared to 616, and if kept to that size, I think will last at least two decades before we enter the whole: "Either we Ultimatize Xorn, or we jack this in" phase of the universe.

I think the novelty of the Ultimate universe has almost completely worn off.

Almost.

Ultimate Thanos, to me, is one of the last, "oo! they're ultimising!" novelties I've had. There are maybe a couple more I'd like to see and will get excited by when they happen... but right now, it's becoming a bit bland.

True.

Marvel Knights, Mephisto, and the space stuff is really all that's left. And there's not much there.

Then, we enter a brave new world, or a crappy rehash. Time will tell.

Ending thread titles with a proposition is a direct violation of rule 143.44b.

As for the question itself - when I read that they plan on showing Ultimate Asgard and having a 616 crossover, the answer is "not long."

Or at least that's how much longer I'll be reading.

UltimateE said:
As for the question itself - when I read that they plan on showing Ultimate Asgard and having a 616 crossover, the answer is "not long."

Tell me that's just a sick joke... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

icemastertron said:
I'm too lazy to look for it. It'll stay for now.

TOO LAZY! If it was one of my threads you didn't like you'd shut it down faster than... TGO Having to choose between a romantic date with Jessica Alba, or a lunch date with Gilbert Gottfried!

the watcher said:
TOO LAZY! If it was one of my threads you didn't like you'd shut it down faster than... TGO Having to choose between a romantic date with Jessica Alba, or a lunch date with Gilbert Gottfried!
{Insert smart*** comment here}

Now I'm just too tired.

the watcher said:

hmmmm. goes to make poll.

UltimateE said:
Ending thread titles with a proposition is a direct violation of rule 143.44b.

Or at least that's how much longer I'll be reading.
Wow, I missed a lot in a week. Asgard? Gwah?

It will last as long as it sells well.

Its future relies more now on going in a different direction than 616 than on ultimatization. All meaningful ultimatization have already been done.

If Ultimates will continue to supply us with the same steady rate of those who kicked the bucket - it will surely not last that long.

E.Vi.L. said:
It will last as long as it sells well.

Exactly. Its all about the money, kids, not really about telling a good story. Thats just a nice, occasional side-effect, like the Ultimates.

Its future relies more now on going in a different direction than 616 than on ultimatization. All meaningful ultimatization have already been done.

I agree fully.

Latest posts

Back