How mad would you be...

How mad would you be if Ultimates 2 turned out to be Ultimate House of M?

• Extremely angry

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Mad

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I'd at least give it a chance

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Not mad

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • The Bass Option

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

E

Excelsior Club
A recent post of Steve Gman's reminded me of a poll I've been meaning to put up for a while.

How pissed would you be if Wanda had a heavy hand in the events of Ultiamtes 2, and it turned out to be, for lack of better term, Ultimate House of M?

All of the enemy soldiers coming out of nowhere, Thor going crazy, things being blamed on "Loki"...

Would you trust Millar to do it right? Would you not even give it a chance?

You make it sound like a good thing I didn't read House of M.

Korinthian said:
You make it sound like a good thing I didn't read House of M.

I personally liked it overall, although there were certain things about it I didn't like. A few people hated it.

For those who didn't like it - is the concept so bad that you wouldn't want it revisited ever again? Or could Millar make it work?

For those who did like it - would it be redundant? Or would you enjoy an Ultimate version to fix the not-so-good parts?

UltimateE said:
A recent post of Steve Gman's reminded me of a poll I've been meaning to put up for a while.

How pissed would you be if Wanda had a heavy hand in the events of Ultiamtes 2, and it turned out to be, for lack of better term, Ultimate House of M?

All of the enemy soldiers coming out of nowhere, Thor going crazy, things being blamed on "Loki"...

Would you trust Millar to do it right? Would you not even give it a chance?

That would be the greatest thing ever.

What?

I don't know what the Bass option is, but I'd be very displeased. The beauty of Ultimates 2 is that nothing we've seen is absolutely implausible, and the stuff that skirts that line - the mass of Anti-Ultimate footsoldiers and powered suits, and Loki - serve as demonstrations of what their characters are saying.

"The US has gotten too cocky!"

How cocky, we readers ask.

"... oh, poop. Cocky enough to miss a massive multinational coalition of the willing to fly through giant brains. "

We saw the seeds being planted in the Ultimates Annual with Mr. Nix and in Nick Fury's conversation with the Ambassador/General Vik.

Loki, on the other hand... doesn't seem to be much more powerful than Professor X or the Scarlet Witch, and hasn't done anything that's technologically impossible.

Plus, with Operation Green Man splitting Fury's focus, and the robotic build-up alluded to in the Defenders scene...

Likewise, the beauty of the Marvel Universe pre-HoM was that we didn't feel the need to examine the circumstances of the Universe as a whole; we went with characters. Thanks to HoM, there's a precedent set for any hack who wants to make something ONLY A DREAM WOO WOO; *or* to make Everything Ever A Part Of A Grand Plan, both of which are too uncomfortable meta- for me.

Long post/story short:
Ultimates 2 works only if everyone is acting on their own and rationally (to themselves). House of M-ing it removes every single bit of social commentary and responsibility from every single issue, and fundamentally shifts the focus of the Ultimate Universe from SHIELD and the dangers of the super-soldier serum to OMG MUTANTS.

So no, not mad.

Very sad.

Last edited:
I chose The Bass option, soley because I'm assuming you're talking about Bass, the guy who has some of the best opinions ever on these boards. And I know exactly how he would answer this poll, I just can't say it because Administrators don't let me get away with things like Bass does.:lol:

No such thing as a "best opinion", especially if we are not talking about mine.

I wouldn't be mad exactly, but than again, I don't think it should be done now. It's like too soon to ultimize something like that.

It depends. I haven't read House of M, since I'm not a big fan of huge crossovers, but from what I hear it's not the best read and some elements are rehashed (Wanda going crazy). But, Millar could have been planning this from the very beginning, since it seemed like he had a clear four-part act in mind for The Ultimates from day one, so it could have been a coincidence that Bendis just put out a version of the story earlier than Millar could. Like Deep Impact and Armaggedon.

So basically what I'm saying is, I chose the Bass option.

icemastertron said:
From what was said in an interview, that wasn't exactly rehashed, as so much a continuance from that.

I didn't know it was like that, thanks.

Fortunately, this does not affect my Bass vote decision.

Let me say it like this:

Mark if you read this, I know where you live. You still got some days to rewrite.

I would hate it just because I hate anything that was impossible to see coming(from the comic perspective).

Now here's my personal idea for how the Americans repel the invading force: Fury's last command is to activate a secret sentinel program. Thousands of advanced sentinels fly out of hiden bunkers all over the country and instantly attack the invading forces. They invading forces are decimated. After the battle is won and it appears the sentinels will stand down, they initiate a second phase and begin an offensive to wipe out the military and infrastructure of the invading countries. The invading countries are left in ruins and a new era of fear of the United States is born. Issue twelve would end with the aftermath of the U.S. attack and Fury's rationalization of his tactics.

Meanwhile, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, the Hulk, Magneto, the FF, the X-Men combat the Anti-Ultimates.(I would add more specifics here, but it's mostly just a play by play of fighting, which is best left to your own imagination.)

The Bass Option has ruined the poll process at this site.

I think that if Ultimate House of M happened, the main thing that would get me would be the fact that there's been little foreshadowing or background to Wanda that would suggest her freaking out like that. Even when Pietro was kneecapped, she barely reacted. Granted it was against her father, but she could've tried to take some action, even if it was to shield his knees or something to that extent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back