How many times have Batman and Superman fought and how did they go down?

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Many people at work are debating about this and looking towards the comic nerd for answers. Since I don't read DC, I'm gonna need some help. I tried googling it but all that comes up are sites for the rumored Batman vs. Superman movie (very annoying).

I believe Bats got beat down pre IC when Supes was under mind control. And also The Dark Knight Returns where Bats had a plan to fake his death in the fight. Those are the only 2 I know of. In my opinion I think the fight could go either way depending on circumstances, I like the idea of Bats being able to beat Supes cause its like finally a human gets to be the one instead of have some super natural enhancement. I'd bet on Bats though as I said it depends on the situation

The only three I could remember were in 1. The Dark Knight Returns where Superman thought Batman died because of a heart attack but it turns out he faked it (Batman also had a huge suit of armor and traps for Superman) 2. In the Dark Knight Strikes Back when they fight Batman sicks his entire team of heroes and the Batcave against Superman and beats him and 3. In Hush where SUperman is being controlled by Poison Ivy and is forced to fight Batman, Batman uses kryptonite, flash grenades and Metropolis's power supply to stun him. Superman snaps out of it when Catwoman throws her off of the Daily Planet and he catches her. So really they've never had a clear winner and Batman cheats every time.

I don't remember which one but I remember batman had a Kryptonite ring one and was meant to still have it in his cave as a "just in case" type deal.

I don't remember which one but I remember batman had a Kryptonite ring one and was meant to still have it in his cave as a "just in case" type deal.

Yes He stole it from Luthor when he was President as I recall. He tried using it on Earth 2 Superman in Infinite Crisis issue 2

Whenever two people argue over which superhero would win in a fight, the superhero with the BIGGER fan always wins.

And by BIGGER I mean the PHYSICALLY bigger fan.

they also fought in the Timm-Verse cartoon. the two or three episode crossover thing. no winner because they made nice.

I think it's a rule that any time any batman/superman incarnations meet for the first time they fight. heck, that goes with any superhero.

I know when it comes to raw power Superman would win but it seems like Batman's won every encounter by trickery or being resourceful.

Batman rarely wins in fights against Superman unless he pulls out the Kryptonite. In DKR many say that Supes got "the beating of his life" against Batman, but by the end it was pretty obvious that Superman would have won the fight if Batman didn't fake the heart attack.

In DCU they've fought a bunch of times (most of which were stupid silver age gimmicks) and while Batman's enginuity helps him out...he can't hope to beat superman, again, unless he pulls out the Kryptonite.

Batman rarely wins in fights against Superman unless he pulls out the Kryptonite. In DKR many say that Supes got "the beating of his life" against Batman, but by the end it was pretty obvious that Superman would have won the fight if Batman didn't fake the heart attack.

In DCU they've fought a bunch of times (most of which were stupid silver age gimmicks) and while Batman's enginuity helps him out...he can't hope to beat superman, again, unless he pulls out the Kryptonite.

The point being, Batman HAS Kryptonite ;).

I'm in the camp that believes if it ever became absolutely and totally necessary that Superman be taken down and kept down, Bats is not only the only one who would do, he's the only one who COULD do it. What do I base that on, what evidence and well reasoned canonical appearances do I draw into this? Absolutely nothing. It's just what I think, and I'm not getting sucked into this debate. I've had it to many times before :).

comic2-776.png

^:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was fan-****ing-tastic dude.

You know what, I recant my earlier statement. I'm going to use the same trifecta idea I use with Thor, Cap, and Iron Man. One can only be beaten by the other two. So, Bats is the man to take out Supes, but he's gonna need Wonder Woman's help to do it. Why I am I saying this now? Maybe because I'm sleep deprived and suffering bouts of extreme hallucination due to massive amounts of NyQuil ingestion. What's that, Bat-Mite? Shut the hell up? You know what I always wondered? Does Wonder Woman have her own little Five-D sprite? I mean, Supes's got Mxy, Bat's got the Mite, what about Diana in all this?

Oh christ, I've gone completely off topic.

You know what, I recant my earlier statement. I'm going to use the same trifecta idea I use with Thor, Cap, and Iron Man. One can only be beaten by the other two. So, Bats is the man to take out Supes, but he's gonna need Wonder Woman's help to do it. Why I am I saying this now? Maybe because I'm sleep deprived and suffering bouts of extreme hallucination due to massive amounts of NyQuil ingestion. What's that, Bat-Mite? Shut the hell up? You know what I always wondered? Does Wonder Woman have her own little Five-D sprite? I mean, Supes's got Mxy, Bat's got the Mite, what about Diana in all this?

Oh christ, I've gone completely off topic.

Wouldn't Supergirl be a better alley for Batman if he was going to take out Superman?

.Thats why my favorite superhero, Batman, would win.

He's not a superhero , cool character yes but to be a super hero one must have super powers.

but I mentioned this on another thread :lol:

No one read Sacrifice? Superman was controlled by Maxwell Lord and beat the **** out of Batman, he only survived because Wonder Woman got there.

He's not a superhero , cool character yes but to be a super hero one must have super powers.

but I mentioned this on another thread :lol:
Allow me to assert that superheroes are not heroes with superpowers. They are heroes who are SUPER.

But I mentioned this on the same thread so :lol:

Why does Supergirl keep making her way into every DC-related thread? Seriously...who's idea was it for HER to be included in DCU? Oh yeah...thanks a lot, Jeph Loeb.

Kara Zor-El is stalking me...I think it's about time that I got that restraining order that I'm always talking about.

Latest posts

Back