How many viewings did it take....

Honestly I think its a matter of personal taste. So Langsta is 100% right for him, As he most likely doesn't like any films more than the book. Which is understandable. I myself have some I prefer some over the books. Like Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland (disney cartoon), The Jungle Book (disney version) and more.

I think Planet-man summed it up well with "sometimes one has basic ideas and the other does something really original with them." A lot of the once I prefer are very different to the book (Ironic since thats one thing I hate about LOTR. Some times they can remove the silly parts other time they can add a new cool scene ect... So I think its possible to say "The film is better" but I think it's ok to say "the book is better" as its just your taste.

I guess I just don't like books in general.

'Cause I loved Watchmen, the comic, but I really disliked the movie. Oh well, I'm complicated.

Either I've misunderstood something or Langsta has gotten his opinions switched by typo in one of these posts.

You can't see how people think a movie is better than a book, but you dislike books in general, but you thought the book Watchmen was better than the movie.... ?

Either I've misunderstood something or Langsta has gotten his opinions switched by typo in one of these posts.

You can't see how people think a movie is better than a book, but you dislike books in general, but you thought the book Watchmen was better than the movie.... ?

Quite the predicament, isn't it?

Watchmen is a comic book. Call it a graphic novel, call it whatever you want, it's still a comic book. And I like comic books more than regular books.

Okay, but I still don't get what you mean by the bit before that.

I meant, I can't see how people can say that a movie version is better than the book version when they're two completely different things, like Stephen King's stuff.

I meant, I can't see how people can say that a movie version is better than the book version when they're two completely different things, like Stephen King's stuff.

I disagree as they are both apart of each other. It's like TV shows based on films, Cartoons based on comics, Films based on video games. If it uses the same name or says its an adaptation while two different formats both can be judged by each other.

It's like take the movie "Super Mario Bros." Horrible film IMO but most of the criticism towards it comes from the fact it's too different. Hell you found fault in Alice in wonderland been done by tim burton as you felt it was too different.

If the two really were 100% different these things would not come up. But they do as the one that comes later will always be compared to the one that came first. So I think you can like one over the other (depending on your taste) as they are the same idea but presented in different ways.

BEG FOR FORGIVENESS.

:p

My two favourite movies are Lord of the Rings and Wet Hot American Summer. With LOTR, I thought Fellowship was kind of meh for some reason the first time I saw it, but I saw it again a few weeks later and just got completely into it and then the books and behind-the-scenes stuff and within months I was ready to call it my favourite movie. The first Spider-Man came out the next May and was my #1 on sight, until Return of the King came out and finally topped it. Only time I can remember being literally speechless after seeing a film.

Wet Hot I just thought was really good, different and funny the first time I saw it, with friends, but then I got it for Christmas and watched several more times, and the more I went there, the less I wanted to leave every time. We're now inseparable.

Last edited:
I disagree as they are both apart of each other. It's like TV shows based on films, Cartoons based on comics, Films based on video games. If it uses the same name or says its an adaptation while two different formats both can be judged by each other.

If the two really were 100% different these things would not come up. But they do as the one that comes later will always be compared to the one that came first. So I think you can like one over the other (depending on your taste) as they are the same idea but presented in different ways.

I don't know.

I HATE Lord of the Rings the movies. But I will not start that up again.

Latest posts

Back