How much do you spend on comics in a month?

Let's see, I get out to the comic book store every 2-3 weeks and always pick up a trade when I do. Plus about $15 in singles. I would guesstimate that I spend about $50-$60 a month.
Give it time. I mean everyone thought it would never happen after 1996, but then 2001 happened.

Also, there still ARE comics worth reading.

Just a lot less, and few if any, are from Marvel, Ultimate or otherwise.
There are always comics worth reading. Just depends on what you like. Everyone has a different answer.
Trueness.

If you're only into mainstream superhero books, I can see how you'd be turned off by stuff, but there's plenty of good stuff being published right now.

I go to the comic store about twice a month, and while I have a pull list, I usually only pick up about 1000 pesos everytime. So in an entire month, that comes to about $40.

I actually use Quicken to designate a strict budget for myself, because I remember from my early days of collecting that i could easily get out of hand. OOOOO, i'll try that one and that one and that one and that one and...you get the idea. It helps to keep me in check.

At the moment, I allot myself 22.50/week, so about $90 a month. But two of my LCS's have incentive programs that basically render everything you get there 20% off.

Huh. I thought Gemini would beat you.

:p

I read just about everything he does.

Plus most of DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm, and some random other stuff.

Iceshadow said:
Not much else to do in Utah.

Well yes. And that I never do get around to reading them fast enough. My to read pile is freakin huge. It is now at a mild size cause I haven't got any new ones in months but it still is a good size pile.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back