How realistic should comic book movies be?

The Overlord

How realistic should comic book movies be? A lot of people like the more realistic feel the Nolan Batman films, including me. I am also glad they didn't include space aliens in any of the X-Men movies. However Thor was a fantasy film and I enjoyed that. I also felt that Green Lantern tried too hard to be realistic, that it just ripped of Iron Man instead of just having an over the top space adventure, which would have been more fun. Also the Fantastic Four movie made some bad attempts at realism, by having Galactus as a cloud. However I also felt the Captain America movie was too over the top and goofy. I think how realistic a comic book movie should be, depends on the original concept and the director's vision for the project.

tumblr_l1wsx1R94S1qzmowao1_500.jpg

I try.

This is a thread hijacking. Stay calm and don't try any hero ****, and you'll all make it out of here safe and sound.

Last edited:
I try.

This is a thread hijacking. Stay calm and don't try any hero ****, and you'll all make it out of here safe and sound.

Oh noes! Someone save us from the evil terrist!

How realistic should comic book movies be? A lot of people like the more realistic feel the Nolan Batman films, including me. I am also glad they didn't include space aliens in any of the X-Men movies. However Thor was a fantasy film and I enjoyed that. I also felt that Green Lantern tried too hard to be realistic, that it just ripped of Iron Man instead of just having an over the top space adventure, which would have been more fun. Also the Fantastic Four movie made some bad attempts at realism, by having Galactus as a cloud. However I also felt the Captain America movie was too over the top and goofy. I think how realistic a comic book movie should be, depends on the original concept and the director's vision for the project.

That's exactly it. And that's why the thread must be hijacked. You answered your own question!

Latest posts

Back