How will the Phoenix turn out in the UU?

Ultimate Cap 4 President

Hey I've been destroying my mind with guessing the outcome of the Pheonix situation in Ult. X-Men. Can someone give me some of you ideas to see if mine are along the right track

Re: How will the Pheonix turn out in the UU?

Let me just say it will be drastically different than the 616 universe.

Phoenix stuff will be back-burnered for a while to make room for the Cable arc--and all that comes out of it.

Should be fun.

-Robert

Robert Kirkman said:

Phoenix stuff will be back-burnered for a while to make room for the Cable arc--and all that comes out of it.

Should be fun.

-Robert
Well. That settles that.

Well now....that was like it was almost on cue huh?

Good job Robert.

Robert Kirkman said:

Thank God.

Any chance to de-Byrne something should be taken with haste.

Robert Kirkman said:

Should be fun.

-Robert
I'm not sure I trust the phrase "drastically different." I remember hering the same thing about way too many characters to accept it.

Personally, I think she's going to come to accept the Phoenix as a part of her, and it will have it's own persona in her mind. Like a crazy person but not.

Ultimate Cap 4 President said:
Hey I've been destroying my mind with guessing the outcome of the Pheonix situation in Ult. X-Men. Can someone give me some of you ideas to see if mine are along the right track
i just want to give you props for your first thread on UC having the writer of the book you're questioning be the very first reply :shock:

I've never done it, but I've heard that people who e-mail the writer usually get a response.

gemini-mk said:
i just want to give you props for your first thread on UC having the writer of the book you're questioning be the very first reply :shock:
Good thing I didn't feel like repling at first

gemini-mk said:
Yeah it seems that VVD is right about UC4P. He has it made on this forum and I have to ask why didn't I get invited in that quickly? I only joined 2 weeks or so ago.....I didn't even get a "Welcome new poster!" type thing. Oh well......

Thor said:
Yeah it seems that VVD is right about UC4P.

Told ya E. Did I call it or what?

He makes his first post in the member intro thread, he makes a Bendis/St.Elsewhere joke, and his thread gets Kirkman to respond personally.

This kid is made. 8)

Victor Von Doom said:

He makes his first post in the member intro thread, he makes a Bendis/St.Elsewhere joke, and his thread gets Kirkman to respond personally.

This kid is made. 8)
It seems that VVD has a favorite newbie now....
Am I anybody's favorite? :D

MaxwellSmart said:
I've never done it, but I've heard that people who e-mail the writer usually get a response.
i've done that with bru', macduffie, and brooks' but i've never seen it as a first reply on a new members first (is it his first) new thread

Robert Kirkman said:

Should be fun.

-Robert

WOW!! This is Ultimate! Is this the REAL Robert Kirkman?
I love your run on UXM! However, I'm more a fan of longer 6 issue arcs than the shorter 3 issue arcs.
PLEASE DO NOT KILL OFF JEAN GREY!!
I'm still pissed about losing Beast (Damn Bendis, you let me down), and Gambit (however, I was happy the hair-do died with him).
Please do not kill her off, and keep up the Ultimate work!

P.S. Marvel.com opened up an Ultimate board also!

Robert Kirkman said:

Should be fun.

-Robert

Good. I'm glad the Pheonix thing isn't gonna be resolved completely. I was getting a rushed feeling to it all and I think Pheonix should be something really big when it comes down to the final revealation.

Well, Jean can't stay on the team at full Phoenix power for the same reason the Magician can't ; too big a power gap between her and the other character.

And Robert Kirkman was so kind as indicating that the Phoenix situation would be put on back burner after the current arc. So, in the next issue, either...

1. The Phoenix power are contained long term within Jean.
  2. Jean herself is contained long term.

I think Xavier's ability to contain Jean's madness are growing thin so somehow it's Jean herself that will have to be temporarily neutralized until a solution can be found.

Perhaps Jean will be put in a coma by the end of the magician fight.

Fury is present in the current mess. Perhaps SHIELD will end up taking custody of her (and the magician) somehow.

These would be my guess, anyway. Long term resolution... ain't really got a clue. But, damn, do I ever hope the Phoenix isn't the core of the Earth!

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:

This kid is made. 8)

haha... thanks guys. I was just as shocked as you all... i had no ideas that writers actually got on this forum.

Ultimate Cap 4 President said:
haha... thanks guys. I was just as shocked as you all... i had no ideas that writers actually got on this forum.

Kirkman has been the only one with the balls (or courtesy) to post, but Millar has said he's been on and I *think* BKV has. I'm sure Bendis has. Warren Ellis is way too good for us, so I doubt he has. As for other Ultimate writers - no idea.

Latest posts

Back