How would you rate the Ultimate Clone Saga?

Votes: 13 21.3%

Votes: 6 9.8%

Votes: 10 16.4%

Votes: 17 27.9%

Votes: 12 19.7%

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

E

Excelsior Club
Everything is wrapped up, revelations have been revealed, and we're all moving on

Rate on a scale of 0 stars (worst) to 5 stars (best).

I voted a two, simply because the first four issues were fantastic. Only after #101 did it really start to fall through for me (though there were some worthwhile moments in the second half, most of it wasn't up to part with the earlier series.)

I haven't read any USM since Silver Sable, but I voted a 0, because it sounds like absolute **** and I trust the members who thought so too (E, Victor Von Doom etc.) I'm currently downloading the Ultimate Universe issues I don't have since I no longer buy it in trades, but I'm debating on whether or not to download the USM issues since Silver Sable... right now I'm not, because I have a lot to read, and I'd rather read good things instead of bad things.

Enh. I voted a three. Maybe it's just comparative voting and not truly reflective to the overall quality of the arc, but I thought it was the best Ultimate Spider-Man story in quite a while. I actually liked some of the cliffhangers and there were a couple issues I really couldn't wait to get to see how things were explained/resolved/worked out. It's been a long time since USM has done that to me.

Of course, there were things I hated as well. The quick dispatching of the clones, the fact that issue 100 turned into such a huge lie, completely destroying Dr. Octopus. I mean, it was by no means fantastic, but I think it wasn't the worst thing ever. The very definition of mediocre.

I'm so proud of myself for not buying any of Clone Saga. It's one of the few smart decisions I've made recently about comics.

1 Star

The Arc had moments where the decent writer in Bendis was able to peek out from behind the curtains and deliver short bursts of proper characterization.

The Plot and General Storyline was utter garbage, and it ruined Dr. Octopus... Plotwise I'd say it was the worst USP arc yet, but writing-wise, I'd still say that the quality of writing was leaps and bounds above the Deadpool arc.

I didn't mind the fake memories of the clone dad...and i think it was pretty cool that bendis put all that fake story into issue 100 just cuz it's a bit unexpected...but i was really annoyed the way he then just got old and died..i would've rather he had a breakdown after realising everything he thought he knew was fact was all lies and he killed himself or went mad or something....i agree that the first 4 issues set it up nicely and were genuinely good and with good cliffhangers etc. and then after 101 it got ****

but i think that's what makes me hate bendis even more...he has a really nice set up and then just knocks it all down again, like a big baby...killing off half the clones and magnetopus!..i'm waiting for the epilogue before i vote but at the mo i give it 2, we've still got spiderwoman, gwarnage and aunt may knowing about peter, coming out of this arc which might be useful for a different author to pick up later so not complete waste of time

I didn't mind the fake memories of the clone dad...and i think it was pretty cool that bendis put all that fake story into issue 100 just cuz it's a bit unexpected...but i was really annoyed the way he then just got old and died..i would've rather he had a breakdown after realising everything he thought he knew was fact was all lies and he killed himself or went mad or something....i agree that the first 4 issues set it up nicely and were genuinely good and with good cliffhangers etc. and then after 101 it got ****

but i think that's what makes me hate bendis even more...he has a really nice set up and then just knocks it all down again, like a big baby...killing off half the clones and magnetopus!..i'm waiting for the epilogue before i vote but at the mo i give it 2, we've still got spiderwoman, gwarnage and aunt may knowing about peter, coming out of this arc which might be useful for a different author to pick up later so not complete waste of time

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that BENDIS WILL NEVER LEAVE!

epilogue wasn't too bad...just usual out of character dialogue from fury and ultimates...do we usually get strong and silent type tony stark...I'd give it 1.5 but since it has to be whole, i'd give it 2.

Haven't read the epilogue yet...but I find it hard to believe that it could redeem any of this crap.

It doesn't.

I stand by my grade. 0/5.

I just finished the epilogue and it would seem that me and E agree...This was incredibly stupid. It gets a 0/5 only because there were no negatives numbers in the poll.

And as for you, Brian Michael Bendis...you owe me money.

It just occurred to me that the Clone Saga makes no ****ing sense.

Seriously, think about it.

What the **** did Curt Connors tell people he was working on? Did he stick to his story about it being a lab accident? How did Ben Reilly know what it really was? Did Connors tell him? If so, when and why? Did Connors tell people he'd destroyed the Carnage entity, or did they look for it and then give up?

If you just got a sample of Spider-Man's blood, are you going to create another stupid teenager or are you going to try and reproduce the effect on a loyal, highly-trained agent? And why were they doing all those experiments on the clones? Why did they give the Scorpion his suit before brainwashing him? Why did they keep the clones in the middle of New York instead of in the middle of a desert somewhere? Why are the clones in the same installation as Carnage? Why did Fury just let Doctor Octopus just wander off, since he knows who Spider-Man is and knows the Oz formula? What did Scorpion mean by 'the zoo'?

Why did they even need Doctor Octopus? Can't the CIA get real scientists instead of psychotic criminals and whatever the **** Ben Reilly was? What was Ben Reilly, anyway? Was he a college or graduate student or another professor? Why did Kaine not get destroyed as a failure? What possible point was there to keep him? Peter knows that mainlining Oz makes goblins and he got his powers from the Oz-spider combination. Why did Kaine forget?

What was the point of the Richard clone? Seriously, what the **** was that? It had absolutely no benefit for the CIA. Why was he allowed to just wander out and meet May? Why was Octopus allowed to do whatever the **** he wanted? Is the CIA just retarded like everyone else in this ****ing comic? What the **** was that Carnage thing, anyway?

The motivation of the CIA and Kaine. How Ben Reilly and Doc Ock got enlisted. The creation of the clones besides Jessica, especially Kaine. What that Carnage thing was.

NONE OF THESE THINGS WERE EXPLAINED. There were eight issues--hell, let's say ten because of the double-sizes. In all that space, NONE OF THESE THINGS WERE EVEN TOUCHED UPON. In a story called the Clone Saga, I want to know about the clones and why they exist. **** MJ! **** the stupid teenage drama!

Yes, it was entertaining, but god ****ing damn it! The sheer waste of potential burns like the fire of a thousand suns! The huge plotholes are devouring my brain! Can I change my vote to one star?

Latest posts

Back