How would you rate the Ultimate Clone Saga?

How would you rate the Ultimate Clone Saga?

Votes: 13 21.3%

Votes: 6 9.8%

Votes: 10 16.4%

Votes: 17 27.9%

Votes: 12 19.7%

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
I really don't know how to rate this. The beginning was actually really good, and Spider-woman was great, but they really didn't go anywhere with this story.

First, MJ Goblin was just there to create drama and give her more psychological damage, as if she didn't have enough already.

Second, the reasons for creating the clones was interesting, but again, we never went anywhere with it. I mean, the government's never trusted Fury, but trying to create a second team of superhumans just seems like it should have been a bigger deal then they made it. Especially if the got Octavius' help... Speaking of which, why did they get Octavuis? Aren't there any sane people they could get to help them make clones? 0_o

Third, Doc Magnetopus doesn't even make any sense… At all. Read the Hollywood arc; the guy's talking to his arms, showing he has a connection with his arms, not metal. I know we melted them at the end of Hollywood, but hey, we've had people resurrected from worse :p

Fourth, Richard Parker. If nothing else, they could have at least had Sue Storm give some techno babble about why he was aging so fast.

Fifth, why did all the clones die? Okay, so Spider-woman's still somewhere, Scorpion and Gwenage are in SHIELD custody, but I felt like those were just excuses to get them out of the way for awhile. Yeah, yeah, Fury had the whole "get to work" line, but I got the feeling that's going to be anticlimactic.

Sixth, Gwenage. I mean, why can't Gwen be alive? I hated that they killed Gwen off, and if we're going to get some lame cloning story that doesn't make any sense at all, (when, how and why exactly did they clone Gwen?) Why can't we get a lame resurrection instead? Yeah, both stink, but I'm more open to a lame retcon of something lamer then lameness added to lameness. Yeah, even I don't really know what I just said.

Seventh, the cure. Okay, Peter Parker never really wanted to be Spider-man. Sure he has fun sometimes, but it's a responsibility to him, and many times he wishes he could just get out of it. Knowing that he can just cure himself anytime things get too bad, well, it just really takes away from this for me :(

This could have been a really good arc, but for some reason Bendis threw in a whole bunch half-explained "conveniences". *sigh*

Great user name, and great post. I agree; I hated it, but you were much more articulate than I was. Nice job. And welcome. :D

Everyone goes on about BAMF!'s wonderful username - I think his location is superb! ^____^

Why can't we get a lame resurrection instead? Yeah, both stink, but I'm more open to a lame retcon of something lamer then lameness added to lameness. Yeah, even I don't really know what I just said.
That's actually a really a smart way of looking at editorial policy.

I voted 5 , It's really 4.5 (as I said in the thread i just made) but I rounded off for the pole.

You know.....I just tried reading this last weekend. Just to see if there is something I'm missing.

There isn't. I could not get past issue #100.

There were some things that seemed like they were gonna be strong and build to other things.....but about 3 issues into it---the entire saga turned into a giant "OMG" shouting match with Peter Vs. The World.

Peter finds out that MJ is missing? OMG!

Peter finds out Gwen is alive? OMG!

Peter has to confront Aunt May with his secret? OMG!

Peter finds out his dad is alive? OMG!

Fury wants to crash the family reunion and have a slice of watermelon? OMG!

The list goes on.

Seriously. The whole book was just one giant "OMG! DUDE WTF?" shouting match.

Depends. Did you have high hopes for Ultimate Knights?

Blissfully unaware of what is happening in the world of comics, other than that darn spam that Warren Ellis keeps sending me, so I can't say I know about it.

So, is it trash? Is it trash like The Clone Saga was trash?

I did read a few issues of that, actually. I saw up until the point where Mary Jane turned into a bestilliac's (bestialitist's?) wet dream. I felt that was a good place to end.

You'd be better off staying away and checking it out in TPB just to keep up.

The MJ-Goblin thing was just the pinnacle of garbage in the Clone Saga. Everything after that was just ugh. Although you will miss out on that which is Dr.Magnetopus. Yeah....it's as bad as it sounds.

The Knights arc is rushed and the characterizations for Dr.Strange and DD are way off. It's just.........just..........I don't know know how to explain it. I think this is that feeling of disappointment a father must have when he goes to visit his daughter after she left home 2 years ago. She's got a nice car....nice home.....well fed.....nice clothes.....all in all she's got a nice living. But then he finds out that she pays for it all by stripping. On one hand you're glad that it's not prostituion or drugs........but at the same time---it's stripping.........but she's still your daughter and she's making it ok in the world. Granted it's not as respectable as you'd like....but then you think back on the horrible things you did when you yourself were younger.

Yeah. I think it's that kinda disappointment.

Oh, is it over now?

Is it safe?

That's what has kept you?

Now I feel even better eliminating the Ultimate theme.

And I see that I forgot the "****" option in the poll. Oops.

That's what has kept you?

Actually, partially.

It was the Ultimate line that brought back an interest in comics after having absolutely no interest in a good many many years and as it started to wane so did my interest in the rest of them. I didn't stay hooked. So yeah, the Clone Saga was partially to blame.

That and ICan'tBelieveIt'sNotButter leaving me loving PMs.

Actually, partially.

It was the Ultimate line that brought back an interest in comics after having absolutely no interest in a good many many years and as it started to wane so did my interest in the rest of them. I didn't stay hooked. So yeah, the Clone Saga was partially to blame.

That and ICan'tBelieveIt'sNotButter leaving me loving PMs.

I opened it up for all comics and got rid of the Ultimate focus. The only reason the name hasn't changed is because I hven't found a suitable one yet.

Come back. We love you.

Latest posts

Back