How would you rate Ultimate Galactus Trilogy?

Rate Ultimate Galactus Trilogy. How did it do?

Votes: 4 5.8%

Votes: 23 33.3%

Votes: 27 39.1%

Votes: 8 11.6%

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
The best part of this series is that it prevents Bendis from giving Galactus a half-assed ultimization in Ultimate Spider-Man as part of the Clone Saga.

Dr.Strangefate said:
The best part of this series is that it prevents Bendis from giving Galactus a half-assed ultimization in Ultimate Spider-Man as part of the Clone Saga.

Oh man, I hadn't thought of that.

6 stars.

Dr.Strangefate said:
That is an upside for sure. The downside is that Bendis now gets to ruin some other character.:(

nightmare was excellent
secret was ok
extinction had potential but ended up bein really average
i thought silver surfer without his board was dumb. i was disappointed with the end too

3 Stars.

Nightmare was great. It was creepy, Ellis did an excellent job of introducing Ultimate Falcon (One of the highlights of the series), and the fear broadcasts at the beginning combined with the Vision's ominous warning at the end was a great way to start this series.

Secret was good while McNiven was on (The technobabble and Mahr Vehl's transformation were excellent), but it felt like Ellis forgot how to write when Raney came on. Thor sounded like a neanderthal and the Kree invasion seemed utterly pointless. Why did the Kree commander go insane? I mean. . .what GLK did to a planet wasn't THAT scary. I mean sure, it wasn't a good thing but it shouldn't make people go insane. I mean, none of the people in Extinction go insane when hearing it, including Mahr Vehl, who is a Kree. Best thing to come out of this series was Mahr Vehl, who I hope we see more of him in the future (Ultimates 3, maybe?)

Vision was pointless. Vision scanned everything on Earth and said Earth couldn't defeat GLK? What, did she somehow miss Xavier and Reed? Not to mention the transgender thing. I mean. . .why was that done?

Extinction, I felt was decent. . .but not for what it was trying to accomplish. The Misty Knight/Silver Surfer/Moondragon sub-plot was pointless and dragged out needlessly. The Moondragons were nothing but a reason for a big fight, and Misty Knight was a throwaway character. Extinction could have focused on the Silver Future cult and GLK's attack without the Misty Knight/Moondragon baggage. And, of course, the ending was weak as hell. GLK was a promisng concept, but I wish he had DONE something, and I don't mean unleashing the virus or fear broadcasts. Sending a super-weapon to other civilizations was a REALLY dumb idea, and something I really think was completely out-of-character for Fury, but it did leave a plot hook for future writers. Although, the ending line was great.

It had equally good and bad parts, hence the 3 stars. I hope we see GLK again in the future, but with it actually doing something.

JonnyFreeze said:
i thought silver surfer without his board was dumb.

He had a board. It was part of him.

I think I said 3? Nightmare was awesome to me. Secret was like "ok, good connection story". Extinction was more like "wtf? That's it?"

Too little, too late.

Some cool ultimizations (they saved Carol Danvers character -- I hate her in 616). Mahr-Vell is a huge success. As is Falcon. Misty sucks... and so on.

Not looking forward to it but I think the revenge of Ultimate Gah Lak Tus will be intriguing and a dirty pleasure for most.

I thought the mini-series was a lot of fun. I know it left people with a sour taste seeing as how the Silver Surfer plotline was left opened, as was the Galactus one, too, but it was a straightforward race for enough time, in your face story. Especially towards the beginning of the end. Great character moments, awesome new characters, and more added to the effect. We'll have to see how this effects the universe.

All I want to know is how you can kill 20% of something & consider that a victory...

I felt the trilogy:

A.) Took too long to complete.
B.) Started out very strong with NIGHTMARE but slowly fell apart with SECRET and EXTINCTION.
C.) I still love Fury's quote at the end (thus my new signature).

My big complaint is that it was basically a self contained story. Nothing happened that affected any of the ongoing series. Other than the introduction of a lot of characters, I don't think it achieved anything.

MaxwellSmart said:
My big complaint is that it was basically a self contained story. Nothing happened that affected any of the ongoing series. Other than the introduction of a lot of characters, I don't think it achieved anything.
:D

I know everyone seemed to love Ultimate Falcon and Ultimate Mahr Vell, but I thought they were kind of lame ultimizations. There was no depth I felt, they could have done something much cooler with both those characters.

And how could they possibly expect us to believe it was important when nothing of consequence happened?

MaxwellSmart said:
Of course they didn't affect it. It couldn't. This is set in the past. You can't have something happened then to then have the books affect it, when in it nothing has affected it in the first place.

MaxwellSmart said:

Ice pretty much summed it up perfectly in terms of why it couldn't have anything big happen. Time placement.

It had 2 strikes against it coming out the gate.

Victor Von Doom said:
Ice pretty much summed it up perfectly in terms of why it couldn't have anything big happen. Time placement.

It had 2 strikes against it coming out the gate.

Yeah, the unfortunate placement of the series in Ultimate continuity handicapped it, but it still sucked overall regardless.

If they were going to do Gah Lak Tus, they should have done it right, and that includes large effects on the overall universe, IMO.

Ultimate MJ said:
I know everyone seemed to love Ultimate Falcon and Ultimate Mahr Vell, but I thought they were kind of lame ultimizations. There was no depth I felt, they could have done something much cooler with both those characters.

What I did like was in Ultimate Secret, when Mahr Vell confessed that he loved Earth's Pop Culture obsession, including "LOST".

I actually really liked it. Nightmare was creepy, and Secret was very good for just basically being filler. Extinction, which I just read yesterday, was also a great read. I think it helped knowing what was coming, what with all of the spoilers that I "accidentally" read on the internet beforehand. I had already prepared myself for the inevitable disappointment, and it actually turned out better than I thought. Still one of the most anitclimactic endings ever though. I gave it **** just because I loved everything but the ending.

Latest posts

Back