How?

Synch

How did Chamber (Jonothan Starsmore) lose his face again? I thought he got it back in the weapon x program. I just recently saw him again in the runaways preview and he had his face covered again. Whatsup?

Synch said:
How did Chamber (Jonothan Starsmore) lose his face again? I thought he got it back in the weapon x program. I just recently saw him again in the runaways preview and he had his face covered again. Whatsup?
As far as I know, it happened off panel, between the end of the Weapon X series and the start of Runaways, vol. 2.

Chamber off-handedly mentioned something about losing it again *minor spoilers* during a bar-fight in Fresno. Nothing major, really. I think Vaughn probably doesn't want to use up a lot of page-space to explain it. :?

compound said:
As far as I know, it happened off panel, between the end of the Weapon X series and the start of Runaways, vol. 2.

Chamber off-handedly mentioned something about losing it again *minor spoilers* during a bar-fight in Fresno. Nothing major, really. I think Vaughn probably doesn't want to use up a lot of page-space to explain it. :?
Yeah, I think so too. I believe he just got overtemptered and blew off a chunk from his face.

I'm so pissed, the comic book store was sold out of runaways issue #2. Can someone give me some spoilers?

I read somewhere that he got a kiss from one of the girls at Xavier's Mansion, lost control of his powers and blowing up his face and upper torso (taking one of the wings of the mansion with him in the blast).

he didn't lose his face like that well at least not when it happened the first time between him and paige guthrie (husk) he didn't have a face before the kiss. his new missing face is new because he just got it back in the weapon x program.

From marveldirectory.com:

Chamber

Other aliases: None
Identity: Secret
Legal status: Subject of the United Kingdom
Place of birth: United Kingdom
Marital status: Single
Known relatives: None
Group affiliation: X-Men, (formerly)Generation X
Base of operations: Massachusetts Academy, Massachusetts
First appearance: GENERATION X #1

History: Jonothon Evan Starsmore was invited by Professor Charles Xavier to attend the newly reopened Massachusetts Academy shortly after his mutant powers manifested. When his mutant ability manifested itself in a large blast of psionic energy, Jonothon blew a hole in his body that stretches from his mouth to his lower torso, and cost his then girlfriend, Lady Gayle Edgarton, the use of her legs.

When Jonothon arrived in the United States, he was attacked at the airport by the criminal known as Emplate, who feeds on the bone marrow of mutants. He was rescued by the rest of the students who were attending the Massachusetts Academy, the team known as Generation X, which he joined soon afterwards.

Currently, Jonothon is learning to control his mutant power, suffering a setback only when, in a panic by being kissed by Husk, his power activated and destroyed the Girls Dormitory in their headquarters.

Height: 5 ft. 9 in.
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Reddish-brown

Strength level: Chamber possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.

Known superhuman powers: Chamber is a mutant who is naturally composed of pure psionic energy. With the injuries he suffered when his powers manifested, Chamber has no need to eat, drink, or breathe. It has been theorized that his body is merely an unliving shell to contain his psionic energy, since his body currently lacks major organs, such as heart and lungs.

Chamber is able to project large blasts of psionic energy from the area where his torso existed, and is also capable of telepathic speech. His telepathic speech is his only way of communication, since his initial blast destroyed his mouth, voice box, and lungs.

Right...

Right, that's the old bio from when he was in the generation x. after he left them he was part of the weapon x program where they gave him a new face. that was the last i saw of him until just now in the runaways #2 preview where he is missing the bottom half of his face again. i was just wondering if anybody knew what happened to him.

I believe what happened was writer A went "I don't like this whole, no-face part of the character, I'll give him his face back".

Then, the new writer, let's call him writer ii, went "Here's my new script. Chamber's in it."

To wit, editor q said "Er... Chamber does have a face."

writer ii, "He does? Since when?"
editor q "since writer A"
writer ii "Dang it. Can I just give him his no-face thing back?"
editor q "With no explanation?"
writer ii "Yeah."
editor q "What the hell. Sure."

Now, I don't know, but I am guessing this is pretty close to the truth.

Latest posts

Back