Hulk Family

What's the difference?

SRSLY.

How many of you actually read hulk regulary by the way? because again he's has always has had a form of family especially with She-Hulk.

I read it regularly for a short time back around #380-400.

I also read the Bruce Jones run regularly.

I don't recall She-Hulk even mentioned in any Hulk story I've read, much less appearing in the books.

And Planet Hulk was extremely popular

It was?!

and was again considered the best Hulk story in some time.

IT WAS?!?!?!?!

I read parts of World War Hulk and Planet Hulk. I couldn't get into either. If it's the best in years then screw the Hulk.

Do you know what would have made the Hulk interesting? Bass and I and probably others have talked about this before... if he disassembled the Avengers. Not Scarlet Witch. Hulk, the reason why the Avengers formed in the first place, is the reason why they fall apart. He goes into a murderous rage and kills a dozen of them. And this is when the Illuminati steps in - they realise they can no longer keep someone this powerful on earth and this is why they send him into space. Of course, this makes him angrier and he comes back... but he's no longer a hero anymore. Banner is long gone. Hulk is back and he is the villain.

This would actually make a lot of Marvel's events make sense and Hulk wouldn't have sex with alien warriors from the future or whatever Venom Melendez is talking about. Also, I think Banner should be killed or something. Maybe. I was reading about some Hulk posts yesterday and some guy was talking about how they should Captain America the book. Not necessarily remove Banner/Hulk or replace him or whatever, but focus on the supporting cast. We could hardly see Hulk. We could hear about him, destroying towns etc. But we see the supporting cast - Ross, Betty, Samson, whoever else, dealing with the situation, trying to capture/heal/save him. I don't know, I'd prefer this to sending him into space and then having him fight a rainbow.

Didn't the original Stan Lee/Jack Kirby Hulk run only last 6 issues? Maybe he's really not that interesting. I think the Ultimate Universe did it right when they made him a supporting character in The Ultimates, rather than give him his own title.

Hulk sucks. McCheese is right. The only thing they have ever done to make him interesting in the past is give Banner varying degrees of control over the Hulk (and vice versa, ie Gray Hulk)

The Jones/Deodato run was pretty much the best run of the Hulk since David/Keown left the book.

Do you know what would have made the Hulk interesting? Bass and I and probably others have talked about this before... if he disassembled the Avengers. Not Scarlet Witch. Hulk, the reason why the Avengers formed in the first place, is the reason why they fall apart. He goes into a murderous rage and kills a dozen of them. And this is when the Illuminati steps in - they realise they can no longer keep someone this powerful on earth and this is why they send him into space. Of course, this makes him angrier and he comes back... but he's no longer a hero anymore. Banner is long gone. Hulk is back and he is the villain.

This would actually make a lot of Marvel's events make sense and Hulk wouldn't have sex with alien warriors from the future or whatever Venom Melendez is talking about. Also, I think Banner should be killed or something. Maybe. I was reading about some Hulk posts yesterday and some guy was talking about how they should Captain America the book. Not necessarily remove Banner/Hulk or replace him or whatever, but focus on the supporting cast. We could hardly see Hulk. We could hear about him, destroying towns etc. But we see the supporting cast - Ross, Betty, Samson, whoever else, dealing with the situation, trying to capture/heal/save him. I don't know, I'd prefer this to sending him into space and then having him fight a rainbow.

Didn't the original Stan Lee/Jack Kirby Hulk run only last 6 issues? Maybe he's really not that interesting. I think the Ultimate Universe did it right when they made him a supporting character in The Ultimates, rather than give him his own title.

I do recall reading an issue where Banner says he won't kill himself because he's afraid that would just leave the hulk out and not under any type of control

Also I really like that dissembled idea

Last edited:
Yeah but you guys aren't really hulk fans anyway and you're in the minority.

Besides,Hulk does work as a protagonist since that's whis books have been able to go over #100.

Any real Hulk fan will tell ya that while Hulk smashes alot he usually smashes thouse who need to be smashed

The Hulk is mainly Misinderstood since the guy always wants to do good.

Yes it was and most agree that Paks run rocked.

Venom Melendez said:

That must be it. I knew we were wrong.

I'm sorry, but how is that a valid argument? Remember what you said about taste? With that logic, it seems that because most people don't like Hulk, what they say does not matter. Well then, because you do, now what you say doesn't matter, either. There we go.

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but you're really not putting up a good defensive to your arguments.

We're really not.
Would have been awesome. Especially if they killed him at the end.
I think Banner should be killed or something. Maybe. I was reading about some Hulk posts yesterday and some guy was talking about how they should Captain America the book. Not necessarily remove Banner/Hulk or replace him or whatever, but focus on the supporting cast. We could hardly see Hulk. We could hear about him, destroying towns etc. But we see the supporting cast - Ross, Betty, Samson, whoever else, dealing with the situation, trying to capture/heal/save him. I don't know, I'd prefer this to sending him into space and then having him fight a rainbow.
There's a reason why Frankenstein's monster wasn't the main character of the book.
Agreed.
Hulk sucks. McCheese is right.
Always.

Last edited:
They way I see this is they're trying to turn Hulk into a line ala the X-Men or the Avengers, and that won't work, especially when the best part of the Hulk group of books is Hercules and Amadeus who are really only tangently related to Hulk.

Taking him out of his own book, putting him in another ongoing and having him play a supporting role is not a good way to have Hulk be exciting, Skaar is okay but if there isn't some sort of payoff soon that book is going the way of the dodo. She-Hulk doesn't deserve her own ongoing she works best in a supporting role. Scorpions interesting but seriously she'd be much better off if she wasn't related to Banner at all. Now he's got a daughter with Thundra in a gender dystopian future? WTF?

not to mention the Hulk hasn't made a worthwile appearence in the UU for a good while.

really the best series the Hulk is appearing in is his Marvel Adventure series, and that's quite sad.

the more i read about crap like this the better i feel that i dont read marvel comics anymore. Seriously wtf are they doing?
and also what kind of gun does Hulk actually have?

They way I see this is they're trying to turn Hulk into a line ala the X-Men or the Avengers, and that won't work, especially when the best part of the Hulk group of books is Hercules and Amadeus who are really only tangently related to Hulk.

Taking him out of his own book, putting him in another ongoing and having him play a supporting role is not a good way to have Hulk be exciting, Skaar is okay but if there isn't some sort of payoff soon that book is going the way of the dodo. She-Hulk doesn't deserve her own ongoing she works best in a supporting role. Scorpions interesting but seriously she'd be much better off if she wasn't related to Banner at all. Now he's got a daughter with Thundra in a gender dystopian future? WTF?

not to mention the Hulk hasn't made a worthwile appearence in the UU for a go sad.
Red Hulk is mainly the villain of the arc and Greenie will eventually take him down and the whole line thing is going great so far. Of course i actually read them.

the more i read about crap like this the better i feel that i dont read marvel comics anymore. Seriously wtf are they doing?
and also what kind of gun does Hulk actually have?

A big golden one.

Red Hulk is mainly the villain of the arc and Greenie will eventually take him down and the whole line thing is going great so far. Of course i actually read them.

So the **** do I

She-Hulk is whiney crap, Skarr is dull and boring, Hulk is ****ing garbage,

The best part of the line is Herc and the only thing it really has to do with Hulk is that it's his old book

This would actually make a lot of Marvel's events make sense and Hulk wouldn't have sex with alien warriors from the future or whatever Venom Melendez is talking about. Also, I think Banner should be killed or something. Maybe. I was reading about some Hulk posts yesterday and some guy was talking about how they should Captain America the book. Not necessarily remove Banner/Hulk or replace him or whatever, but focus on the supporting cast. We could hardly see Hulk. We could hear about him, destroying towns etc. But we see the supporting cast - Ross, Betty, Samson, whoever else, dealing with the situation, trying to capture/heal/save him. I don't know, I'd prefer this to sending him into space and then having him fight a rainbow

I recall reading Bass' posts on this. I don't recall you being involve, Kiwi. :p (I kid, I kid).

Venom Melendez said:
I like how you say Planet Hulk is good because it was popular, but then tell us --- the "non-Hulk fans" --- that are opinion doesn't matter because we're in the minority. Minority of what? If we're the minority among the Hulk fans, that wouldn't work because then we'd be the Hulk fans that count. But if we're the minority of non-Hulk fans that makes us the people who thought Planet Hulk was popular in the first place.

As Ice says, you're saying those who don't like Hulk are not entitled to a valid opinion, yet these are the same people who bought Hulk and made the sales and essentially validated the story you like. So do their opinions still not matter? Does that mean they are not proof of Planet Hulk's sheer awesomeness?

I declare this Venom Melendez to be NO-NOSENSE

Also, regarding this:
ourchair said:
They're cousins.

That means they are family.

But it doesn't make them A family.
I don't think it needs explaining, but I'll indulge you.

Jennifer Walters is the cousin of Bruce Banner aka Hulk. This means they are related by blood. They are family relashuns.

But that doesn't mean that Bruce-Hulk and Jen-Hulk are actually you know, part of a family.

Look at the Fantastic Four. They're a family, even though they're just a triangle of blood and legal relations, with odd man Ben out playing Uncle. But by virtue of their interplay, they actually ARE a family in a way that can't be said of 'Hulk Family'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back