Which would be better?

• Hulk is responsible for Avengers Disassembled

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Scarlet Witch is responsible for Avengers Disassembled

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Bass

Nexus of the World
In this thread there is a connection revealed about a possible Illuminati-Hulk connection (spoilers - you are warned).

Basically, it seems the Illuminati, worried that Hulk might go crazy and kill people, decide to, after Nick Fury enlists him and Hulk saves the world by being sent into space, hijack his shuttle and send him to a distant galaxy to be stranded on a deserted planet.

The idea, it would seem, is to create conflict between the major heroes of the Marvel Universe in preparation of Civil War, and to make Hulk a key role in that break up.

In regards to that, I quote from the above thread:

Bass said:
I find it ludicrous that Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Mister Fantastic would find it easier and more human to send the Hulk to a planet in another galaxy than CURE HIM.

The Man Without Fear said:
The Hulk is uncureable.

Bass said:
So the most humane thing is to betray and exile him to an alien world so he can go completely insane.

Or you know, they could try to give him his intelligence and recreate the "Smart Hulk" variant.

Or have Black Bolt, who has trained himself to not speak, not even during his sleep, teach Banner how to keep calm.

Or implant a transporter in his brain so that when he becomes the Hulk it teleports him to a holding pen on the moon, and it can teleport him back to Earth once he revers to Banner.

****, they could even have Betty offer to become a female Hulk in a kind of "Bride of Frankenstein" way to give him peace and keep him out of trouble. That could even be funny.

And that's if you find it impossible that the combined might of Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Mister Fantastic, Professor X, Namor, and Black Bolt cannot cure the Hulk or find a way to help him live with his current state in relative peace.

And if you overlook the fact that those same people don't need to wait for Nick Fury to send Hulk into space to get rid of him. Can't they just teleport him there themselves? He wouldn't get ****ing lost that way.

The least Marvel could have done was have the Hulk do something absolutely atrocious so that the Illuminati has a reason to get rid of Hulk forever - like, oh I don't know... KILL THE AVENGERS?!

Instead of making Scarlet Witch crazy and evil, have the Hulk do the thing everyone's been terrified of him doing. Have him actually, properly, kill the Avengers. Then, you have the Illuminati punish him in this horrific and cruel way (it may be neccessary, but it's cruel). When the Hulk returns, the sides must be taken between those who agree with the Illuminati and those that think there were other options available, because hell, Banner's as much of a victim as the Avengers.

Instead, the Illuminati are self-preserving *******s who are worried he might do something bad and so they banish him forever to Hell... AFTER HE SAVES THE WORLD (Whose side are YOU on? The misunderstood monster who saved the world and was unfairly banished? Or the self-serving pieces of **** who do nothing, claim complete rulership of the planet, and banished a poor misunderstood monster - who just saved the world - for all time because they couldn't be bothered to think of another way to deal with a potential threat? It's a toughy!)

All of which has nothing to do with anything else going on, but is supposed to tie into it all later when they can think of a way to shoehorn the Hulk into the story.

**** it.

Basically, I'm curious.

How many of you think it would have been better if Hulk was responsible for Avengers Disassembled?

I'm not looking for praise or any nonsense like that, I'm just curious what people think about the concept.

I almost can't believe they would just up and toss him away without there having been a specific incident. Admittedly I haven't read into this in great detail, but your post seemed to indicate it was a sudden decision made without basis.

Assuming I'm right, would you be less upset about it if this stems from an incident and not jsut because they're scared something might happen? I understand your point about not trying to cure him, but maybe this incident is so heinous they just don't know how to address it.

Hmmm if Hulk killed the Avengers then woudln't he be closer to becoming Maestro?
The Illuminati need some Jolly Jade Jiant Justice! GO HULK!

UltimateE said:
I almost can't believe they would just up and toss him away without there having been a specific incident. Admittedly I haven't read into this in great detail, but your post seemed to indicate it was a sudden decision made without basis.

Assuming I'm right, would you be less upset about it if this stems from an incident and not jsut because they're scared something might happen? I understand your point about not trying to cure him, but maybe this incident is so heinous they just don't know how to address it.

Basically, the problem is that they Illuminati are acting completely out of character with no basis just to create false tension.

I'm saying that these upcoming events could've been set up in Disassembled in a way that would not only make more sense regarding the current Hulk issue, but also make more sense than the Scarlet Witch/House of M debacle. Two unrelated events used to set up an event, and here you could properly link them. After all, Hulk killing the Avengers could certainly make Scarlet Witch go crazy and make her do the whole House of M thing anyway.

It's just, this whole "Civil War" is coming out of nowhere, and it didn't need to.

If they wanted Hulk to be a catalyst, I think making him responsible for Disassembled would've been a great way to do it.

I vote Hulk because it would give a much better reason for the Illuminati's actions towards Hulk in the latest arc. But it would also rearrange the entire Marvel Universe and all of the events dealing with HoM would need some other source of fuel for it. But a good Hulk story that had an impact on the entire Universe.... It's what Marvel's been missing.

Maybe they should have had Hulk kill off the majority of the mutants? House of H has a nice ring to it.

I have no idea why Scarlet Witch being responsible for Disassembled was supposed to be 'dramatic'. Who ****ing cares about her anyway?

it would have been awesome if House of M was just an 8 part miniseries with 1 day long fight where Hulk kills 98% of the world's mutants by hand because a mutant kicked sand in Banner's face at the beach. if this is the retcon that will happen, i'll buy a zillion copies.

but yeah, it would've been nice to see Banner as the enzyme. After all, he was the catalyst for creating the Avengers.

Latest posts

Back