I Am Legend (Spoilers)

the watcher

Looks like it could be a decent release for December...

I Am Legend

Release Date: December 14, 2007 (conventional & IMAX theaters)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Francis Lawrence
Screenwriter: Mark Protosevich, Akiva Goldsman
Starring: Will Smith, Alice Braga, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Willow Smith, Charlie Tahan
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: http://iamlegend.warnerbros.com/
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/I_Am_Legend

Plot Summary: Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable... and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City... and maybe the world. But he is not alone. He is surrounded by "the Infected"—victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path. For three years, Neville has spent his days scavenging for food and supplies and faithfully sending out radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. All the while, the Infected lurk in the shadows, watching Neville's every move, waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But his blood is also what The Infected hunt, and Neville knows he is outnumbered and quickly running out of time.

Teaser: http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/iamlegend/teaser/teaser_1000.mov

Re: I Am Legend

I know this is based on a really old sci-fi book, but everytime I see the trailer I think it's like Y The Last Man.

Except replace the booby-burning lesbian terrorists with zombies.

Significantly less hot.

Last edited:

I know this is based on a really old sci-fi book, but everytime I see the trailer I think it's like Y The Last Man.

Significantly less hot.

Dude corpses are so hot.

Besides they're vampires

Significantly less hot.

Not only a really old sci-fi book, but a really great horror novel by Richard Matheson (movies based on his books include Stir of Echoes and What Dreams May Come, etc). The novel is a classic, probably the best, most visceral and interesting vampire story I've ever read.

Its just a shame that the movie is probably going to drop all the aspects of the novel which made it great. I'll reserve judgement till I see it, but I'm trepidatious about this one.

You wouldn't have lasted two days if you were Robert Neville in the book.

Seriously guys, read it. It's good.

Listen to Planet-Man. Its an awesome novella. I think its only 100 something pages, so its not long of a read. Well worth it though. I hope this movie doesn't piss all over the sanctity of the original story.

Here's the trailer:

I Am Legend

From what i remember of the story, this is nothing like it.

600 POSTS!!!! WOO HOO!!

Last edited:

Here's the trailer:

I Am Legend

From what i remember of the story, this is nothing like it.

600 POSTS!!!! WOO HOO!!

Well, almost. At least they seem to be retaining the whole "under siege" mentality at night time, when Neville battens down the hatches against the swarms of vampires.

Otherwise, it seems like they've dropped the most compelling aspects of the story. I was pleasantly surprised by Will Smith's portrayal of Neville in the trailer, but the real test is the movie itself. I have a feeling this is just going to be another standard "Apocalypse" cliche of a movie.

Not only a really old sci-fi book, but a really great horror novel by Richard Matheson (movies based on his books include Stir of Echoes and What Dreams May Come, etc). The novel is a classic, probably the best, most visceral and interesting vampire story I've ever read.

I have a graphic adaptation by Steve Niles and some-artist-I-can't-remember of Mathesons original novel. Pretty damn good read.

Its just a shame that the movie is probably going to drop all the aspects of the novel which made it great. I'll reserve judgement till I see it, but I'm trepidatious about this one
I know what it's about. I've read it. I'm just pretending to be an idiot. :D

I'm just a simple American schoolboy, but gee, I'd have to say that Ourchair is the smartest fellow I've ever met!

Just because you have no Ourchair Points for me to take away, doesn't mean I can't give you NEGATIVE Ourchair Points

NEGATIVE ONE HOJILLION OURCHAIR POINTS FOR YOU

You're insane!

Just because you have no Ourchair Points for me to take away, doesn't mean I can't give you NEGATIVE Ourchair Points

NEGATIVE ONE HOJILLION OURCHAIR POINTS FOR YOU
I can easily uncreate every Ourchair point ever.

I can also uncreate you.

Your move.

As for the book the movie is based on, I'll try to find it. The story is definetly very intriguing (sp?) to me.

A schoolboy! *eyes light up*

*RAPES THE HOLY HELL OUT OF MOONMASTER*
Ow.

And how many Ourchair points do I get for that?

Both the comment and the rape.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back