I can't stand Will Ferrell

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
Will Ferrell sucks.

Back when he was on SNL, he was actually one of the highlights of the show. Having him have to switch characters after every 5-minute sketch was just what he needed, and on top of that, as skits like the Celebrity Jeopardy ones prove, he's actually one of the best comedy straight-men in the business.

Cue his movie career. Anchorman. Talledaga Nights. Blades of Glory.

I hate Will Ferrell.

It's so fascinatingly ironic though, when you really think about it. In one of the few Ferrell roles I like, Jacobi Mugatu in Zoolander, his character is driven nearly insane about the fact that America is obsessed with Derek Zoolander and he's seemingly the only one who can see that Blue Steel, Ferrari, Le Tigre, etc. are all the exact same pose.... meanwhile Will Ferrell makes millions and millions of dollars for playing the same damn character in the same damn movie year after year: pompous, ignorant, blowhard celebrity surrounded by stock characters who just happen to be played by flavour-of-the-year comedians.

As for Jon Heder....**** Jon Heder. I haven't seen Napolean Dynamite and I mean not to. But I'm not here to bash Jon Heder. I'm here for Ferrell.

The whole thing makes me sad too, because like I said, he's actually a very talented comedian...when he's playing the straight-man in the act. He sticks to that, and we get good stuff like Stranger Than Fiction, but no, he insists on continuing to crank out effortless crap and is somehow even allowed to promote it at the Oscars with his stupid songs.

So....anyone who wants to join me in here in the anti-Will Ferrell thread can feel free. Together we can pave the way, and make the streets safe for actual smart, insightful comedies that can still appeal to the most low-brow viewers, like say, Clerks 2, once again!

When I first saw this in the sidebar, it was cut-off, so I assumed it said "I can't stand Willverine," and I got real excited because I thought I was going to see an internet fight.

No such thing happened. I was wrong.

I am sad.

You are right about Will Ferrell. But Jon Heder is worse. much much much much much much much worse. He's one of those guys that not only can't act, but is so obnoxious to even look at, that you'll still be pissed off, even if he could act.

Last edited:
Anchorman was funny in spite of Will Ferrell. They should've called the movie "Weatherman: The Legend of Brick Talmund" and had Steve Carrell be the star. That would've been great.

The only funny thing Ferrell did in Anchorman was the Jazz Flute scene, and it's not like that was a reflection of his unique comic genius or anything.

MaxwellSmart said:
Will Ferrell's a genius.

It's the candanian in you that can't recognize that.

Says the guy whose country gives American Idol, Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? and Dancing With The Stars raitings that could rival the Superbowl.

Last edited:
I agree. I don't care for him particularly at all.

Will Ferrell is gold most of the time, he needs to be in another Frat Pack movie, thats where he shines.

Says the guy whose country gives American Idol, Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? and Dancing With The Stars raitings that could rival the Superbowl.

American Idol started as a British show, as for the rest yeah, but when was the last time Canada came out with something funny? Kids in the Hall was a long time ago.

Hes good in supporting roles, he needs to stop getting leads..

But I have to say, I love Anchorman... It actually seems to be funnier every time I see it.

John Heder can go back to Utah and drink his damn salt-lake for all I care... (not to offend any mormons on the board... if there are mormons on the board...)

Last edited:
Hes good in supporting roles, he needs to stop getting leads..

But I have to say, I love Anchorman... It actually seems to be funnier every time I see it.

John Heder can go back to Utah and drink his damn salt-lake for all I care... (not to offend any mormons on the board... if there are mormons on the board...)

TOG's a mormon. Then again, TOG's been one of everything.

Will Ferrell is awesome.
With animals.

"There's a damn cougar in that car!"

"What's that Baxter? You snuck into the refrigerator and...ate a whole wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad. That's amazing."

"Hey there little guy...Whoa! Looks like someone needs a hug!" Now imagine him being mauled by a racoon while dressed as an elf.

Will Ferrell - Animal Lover.

Will Ferrell is awesome.
With animals.

"There's a damn cougar in that car!"

"What's that Baxter? You snuck into the refrigerator and...ate a whole wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad. That's amazing."

"Hey there little guy...Whoa! Looks like someone needs a hug!" Now imagine him being mauled by a racoon while dressed as an elf.

Will Ferrell - Animal Lover.

Dude. Being awesome with animals is illegal in every state. And disgusting in most of them.

I like Will Ferrell more than I like his characters and movies, as nonsensical as that may sound.

Some movies he makes make me want to gouge out my eyes with a sharpened spoon, and become like Mister E. in Vertigo.

Other times?

I want to marry him.

Latest posts

Back