I know a comics writer...

marvelman

Does anyone actually KNOW a comics writer, aka past meeting him at a convention or whatever?

For instance, living in Ohio, I know Tony Isabella, the creator of Black Lightning. I played baseball with his son when I was young and have talked to him on and off over the years. I haven't talked to him in a while though... I could probably show him some of my art... hmmmm....

anywho, anyone else??

marvelman

I live in the same city Bendis USED to live in...

...and vaughan... and some other bald brian...

Last edited:

E

Excelsior Club
ProjectX2 said:
Ed Brubaker is my uncle.

Pfft. I'm a clone of Chuck Austen cross-bred with an angel and a gorilla.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
TheManWithoutFear said:
No, I just mean from this forum. Sorry.
Hahaha. :lol:

TheManWithoutFear said:
I keep begging Vaughan to visit but he never does :evil:
Well, with writing all the books he does, traveling to the other coast of the country might not be a wise choice.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Um, Warren Ellis e-mails me and I've talked to Mark Millar and Brian K. Vaughan.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Bass has threesomes with Bendis and Loeb every Saturday night.

compound

Manila is a relatively tiny city, and the upwardly-mobile/middle-class population is fairly small, so people with the same tastes all end up within a few degrees of each other, in the Friendster/Kevin Bacon sense. As such, I've met the majority of famous and "semi-established" Filipino comic artists.

When I was more active in the punk/indie scene, I organized gigs that featured Marty McFly, the Weezer-esque geek-rock band that features Leinil Yu on vocals. I had his old cellphone number in my phone, if that counts for anything, and since I was introduced to him through friends, rather than in a comic-related/industry setting, I refer to him in person by his familiar name, Neil. (Their guitarist Rio is the member I know better, and we still hang out, if we run into each other at gigs, etc.)

I used to be in touch with Gerry Alanguilan fairly regularly, by email, and we still trade zines/mini-comics, whenever either of us has a new release. (I'm still a semi-regular zinester, if anybody here cares.) Gerry knows me (and my girlfriend/partner-in-crime Claire) by face and name, but admittedly neither of us has ever made a concerted effort to really keep up with each other. He lives down in Laguna Province, a few hours south of Manila, and he's always busy with something work-related, so we really only run into each other during convention-type events, nowadays.

He's a very supportive, approachable guy, and he even hosts weekly communal drawing sessions at his house, for up-and-coming artists from his hometown of Los Banos, Laguna.

Bass

Nexus of the World
UltimateE said:
Pfft. I'm a clone of Chuck Austen cross-bred with an angel and a gorilla.

You know that's a lie. You're just the twin brother of a clone of Chuck Austen cross-bred with an angel and a gorilla pretending to be the clone of Chuck Austen cross-bred with an angel and a gorilla pretending to be a brain with indestructable blue skinned limbs.

Latest posts