I love Millar

nigma

No, I really do, so over the last week, i have been re-reading all the x-men trades and in the 2nd one he makes my country men look so damn cool (i wasn't born in India, but im still from there....get it?). he makes the Indians into some badass mutha ****ers. i mean, they drugged and captured Fury. and made a huge monster with ?47? mutant genes. that was still in the incubation stage. and in one of the later book, i think it was millar, had the BoM run over some pakies....

i forgot how much i missed about the old stuff...

Those were the good old days. Now we've got the Magician and Scientology wanna be's as our villians.

Goodwill said:
The Magician isn't all bad... The pacing was. We really didn't need 9 issues of all of that.

The Magician is my Xorn.

He embodies all that is wrong with comics.

But yeah.....I've been on a Millar kick as well. He's so good.

what other stuff from millar are we missing?

the thing with millar and bendis was, they weren't afraid to blow things up or kill people...unlike BKV, the romantic.

Victor Von Doom said:
The Magician is my Xorn.
When he turns out to be under the telepathic control of Charles Xavier, who is using him to kill Jean Gray, but Xavier is really being control by the secret head of hell fire club who wants to kill Jean Gray, so he can take the Phoenix into himself, but after Jean is killed we find out it's wasn't really Jean at all. It was a clone of Jean the Magician created, so he could have the real Jean all to himself because he's been secretly in love with Jean for years.

If that happens, then you can call the Magician, Ultimate Xorn.

nigma said:
also when comics came out on time....(sigh)

Amen. I like Millar, but hes really been pissing me off lately with the delays...!!

Maybe I need to start tradewaiting all of his titles... ?

the thing with millar and bendis was, they weren't afraid to blow things up or kill people...unlike BKV, the romantic.

See, I think Millar blows TOO much stuff up. In Millars world, every day brings a new cosmic, planet threatening event... and it just gets too much after a while. His UFF has been good with quieter moments, but I sometimes I get sick of the monumental events every arc... which is why Im enjoying Kirkmans slower, character driven arcs.

Ultimate MJ said:
See, I think Millar blows TOO much stuff up. In Millars world, every day brings a new cosmic, planet threatening event... and it just gets too much after a while. His UFF has been good with quieter moments, but I sometimes I get sick of the monumental events every arc... which is why Im enjoying Kirkmans slower, character driven arcs.
I agree. I just wish Kirkman's characters had more character.

MaxwellSmart said:
I agree. I just wish Kirkman's characters had more character.

ZING!

Same here. The thing with Millar is on UXM and Ultimates he skips time a lot. Sometimes months pass between issues other times seconds to hours. Millar just loves the massive scope battles and world threatening moments. AND he still gave character moments and a jolt of his personal political views and opinions. Thing is he does EVERY ISSUE!

Something goes boom, someone has a personal problem, world gets threatened or at least the part of the world the heroes are currently standing, and there's a jab at Bush and American policy somewhere.

That's leagues better than Kirkman's last 8 issues.

8 ISSUES! 8 MONTHS and Kirkman isn't writing up to what I expected him to do.

So yeah, I miss Millar. And I hope he comes back to UXM and give it a kick in the balls again.

Over the top? Yes.
Out of Control? Yes.
Chance of Delays? Massive.
Fun read? HELLA YES!

nigma said:
what other stuff from millar are we missing?

He hospitalized people, killed Marrow before she was even introduced, and... And made Colossus openly gay. Yeah, that sure is romantic.

:p

:lol:

Well if Bendis could say Brock was a journalist and then have him as a prick college kid...I think a chick with the same mutation as Morrow can be killed and maybe later have Morrow introduced.

Also implied that Blink was killed on Mojo's TV show. IMPLIED never once did they say she died.....

Foolsfolly said:
Also implied that Blink was killed on Mojo's TV show. IMPLIED never once did they say she died.....
Wasn't she also in New Mutants, on the tv behind the president when he was choosing Emma's team. I could swear I remember seeing her.

But on to the topic of this thread. I love Millar. I never realized how good he was on this book until he was gone. Isn't that always the way?

Yeah that was Blink. And Bishop...and I think Gambit showed up again in the background in New Mutants.

Millar is a force of nature in comics. He made the Ultimate line cool, and got me back into comics.

I can't say I don't mind the wait, because when his runs come out, I read over and over. Civil war is good and I read UF4 trades. Ultimates are incredible love em. But I would still like to see some consistency in his due dates. I mean that's like being an A student but being held back because you missed too much school. Or taking summer school. It has to stop. He should just stop pumping out so many titles at once and thank god his F4 arc is over so maybe we can get thirteen out without any delays once it's shipping has been initialized. Civil War is a crossover and as far as crossovers are concerned, they should be delivered in a timely fasion. I mean it's a limited series. And by the way things look, Civil War isn't ending until March IMO. Ultimates 2 seems more like January dare I say Valentines Day.

Latest posts

Back