I said it and I meant it...

I didnt mind the Deadpool arc. I thought it was an okay story. Its just that they used Deadpool for that main bad guy, if they used someone who has a much less fanbase or dare I say an original character the story would of been fine.

But UIM was just stupid, he becomes a humanoid brain because his mother was bit by a radioactive monkey... that alone should settle this arguement.

Its one thing to try something new with a character not yet introduced to this universe, its another to just flat out ignore and establish character's continuty and powers to write whatever the **** you feel like. Making Deadpool a racist against mutants was bad, but not as bad as turning Iron man, whose abilities were being smart and making robotic armor, into a human brain is just down rightstupid

Deadpool>Ultimate Ironman

So says Random

Random said:
I didnt mind the Deadpool arc. I thought it was an okay story. Its just that they used Deadpool for that main bad guy, if they used someone who has a much less fanbase or dare I say an original character the story would of been fine.

But UIM was just stupid, he becomes a humanoid brain because his mother was bit by a radioactive monkey... that alone should settle this arguement.

Its one thing to try something new with a character not yet introduced to this universe, its another to just flat out ignore and establish character's continuty and powers to write whatever the **** you feel like. Making Deadpool a racist against mutants was bad, but not as bad as turning Iron man, whose abilities were being smart and making robotic armor, into a human brain is just down rightstupid

So says Random
So says Random.

SHARKBAIT! OO-HA-HA!

When was she bit by a radioactive monkey. The monkey flung his blood into her mouth while she was in first trimester with tony. What is really so bad about UIM. What is your beef with it? SO far all I hear is, " I hate it." And are we forgetting Ultimate X4? At least UIM was readable and I enjoyed it. And maybe I didn't catch it, but where are the continuity errors? Because I don't remember Tony giving any info on his life during Ultimates.

Hibiki said:
And maybe I didn't catch it, but where are the continuity errors? Because I don't remember Tony giving any info on his life during Ultimates.
For one thing, if he has a healing factor, why does he still have a brain tumor?

Well it wasn't actually a healing factor. He had to eat and drink water to gain nutrients to grow his limbs back. I don't think he's anywhere close to what Wolvie can do, else it would have been implied.

Ice said:
For one thing, if he has a healing factor, why does he still have a brain tumor?
They could always say that his tumor is result of a genetic disorder and is resistant to his healing factor.

MaxwellSmart said:
They could always say that his tumor is result of a genetic disorder and is resistant to his healing factor.
They could, but at the moment it's not. I want that so it can fix this mess.

Random said:

So says Random

You make a compelling argument.

But it's not enough.

I stand by my statement.

Ice said:
Well, realisticly speaking cancer is when the cells of your body stop functioning properly and begin to divide all willy nilly. Now i fail to see how a healing factor would protect someone from a base defect in thier genetic programing. Way to kill Wolverine #2: Asbestoes!

Deadpool is fixable. Extremely fixable. All it would take is some superhuman testing on him designed to give him incredible regenerative powers that backfire when his brain keeps healing over itself, giving him extraordinarily short-termed memory... I would see this as a move from Dr. Cornelius to steal whatever money Wade Wilson might have had, because he wouldn't remember that he had it... It would make him into a human variation on Scud: The Disposible Assassin. His humor would come from his blatant ignorance of who he is, why he's killing people, and who he's killing... There are a NUMBER of similar ways to fix the character, and thus write the entire arc off as irrelevant... Thus it is irrelevant, and should be ignored, as I'm sure even Bendis would admit it wasn't his best story-arc.

Tony Stark's past isn't fixable. This isn't going to be written out of existance, every writer from here onward has to deal with the crap Card poured onto their collective laps...

Hibiki said:
When was she bit by a radioactive monkey. The monkey flung his blood into her mouth while she was in first trimester with tony. What is really so bad about UIM. What is your beef with it? SO far all I hear is, " I hate it." And are we forgetting Ultimate X4? At least UIM was readable and I enjoyed it. And maybe I didn't catch it, but where are the continuity errors? Because I don't remember Tony giving any info on his life during Ultimates.

First, Card made Stark superhuman. One of the best things about Tony Stark was that he was a regular guy who was just really smart and created battlearmor. Card made Stark into a walking brain with a healing factor.

Why did Tony create the armor when he already had bio armor? How does having brain tissue all over your body make you smarter? How does a foot fall off? And if this happens so easily (After all, Tony just kicked a guy), how the hell does Tony stay together when fighting? How does Tony just slip on the old Iron Man armor but needs a hundred man crew to get in the new armor? Tony bought a house for his mother in Ultimates 1, but according to UIM, his mothers's been dead since birth. According to UMTU #4, Tony created the Iron Man tech while captured by a foreign government, yet this is completely contridicted in UIM.

There's a blatant amount of inconsitencies. Not to mention the dialogue was often hard to follow.

Last edited:
Hibiki said:
When was she bit by a radioactive monkey. The monkey flung his blood into her mouth while she was in first trimester with tony.

And exactly how does this turn you into a living brain? Its right up there with powers origins from Batman and Robin.. "I have fallen into all this poisons and plants....so I will get super powers" At least Peter being bitten by a radioactive spider gave him relevant powers..... Tony should have got monkey powers!

Hibiki said:
What is really so bad about UIM. What is your beef with it? SO far all I hear is, " I hate it."

I found it painful to read. He took a classic character, and gave him unneccessary powers, in stupid ways, in a story I couldn't even finish. I dropped it after issue 3. Thats saying something, I completed Ultimate Elektra..

Hibiki said:
And are we forgetting Ultimate X4?

That was a bad story. But still far, far superior to Card's drug induced ramblings.

As for the Brain Body thing, having a larger brain does not equal you being more smart, another pseudoscience bullcrap from Card.

My ears are ringing...

Dr.Strangefate said:
Deadpool is fixable. Extremely fixable.

I fully agree.

Although I hated Deadpool being turned into Lord Zed-reject, I really enjoyed him and his motivation, along with his teams'. His humor could have used a tweaking, but I could see that he was trying to be funny... he was just too serious.
However, that's another thing I liked about Ultimate Deadpool. He was mostly the same (before the mask came off), but he had an aura of authority about him that 616 Deadpool's lacking. 616 Deadpool is treated like the reject, until he kicks your *** and makes fun of you.
I also enjoyed all the ways Bendis mirrored 616 Deadpool without giving him throat (among other things) ravaged by cancer or having comic-sense.

Although the Deadpool arc could have been alot better with a few changes, I liked it, it had alot going for it if you look closely enough. The wrongs are easily fixable because there's still so much about Ultimate Deadpool that you have to flesh out and expand on. I eagerly anticipate the return of Ultimate Deadpool.

The Trouble with turning him into an authority figure is that he becomes the man he was meant to parody...

Slade Wilson, Deathstroke... I mean Wade Wilson... That's not even a clever re-name...

Seriously though... they are toeing a fine line as it is... His authority is what separates him from DC's greatest assassin.

Latest posts

Back