I won 863$ playing poker! Woot!

E.Vi.L.

Yeah, yeah, no big deal. But I only play small stakes so far and this is by far my biggest win. I'm quite happy with myself.

Finished 6th of 1822 in a 3$ +rebuy tournament. As usual, I just bought, rebought immediately to double my stack. If I'm eliminated in the first hour (re-buy allowed), I don't rebuy. Meanwhile, I've seen idiots rebuy 6 times or more. Thank you fishes. I end up playing these tournament as if they were 6$ buy-in with prize pool closer to those of a 15$ buy-in tournament. Nice. Don't play them often but I shoul ; made 77$ buck on the previous 3$ rebuy a month earlier.

I ended up small stack when down to 6 but got me pocket kings with a raise and an all-in in front of me. I shove it all in. The first raisers fold, the all-in shows AK. And of course, he catch the Ace on the river. :cry: That pot would have put me right back in the hunt as 3rd stack. It was 4500$ for first place! Oh well.

Before that my best money finish was winning a 1$ buy-in tournament against 2203 player = 431$.

Well, I'll be playing more in the 10-20$ buy-in range from now on. Might even try a few of these sattellite to big live tournament qualifiers for 33$ or so. I almost qualified for Monte Carlo European Championship by playing Frequent Player Point but those are very long shot.

Yeah, got no real point. Just happy. Go ahead and tell me story of how you won 10,000$ in a poker tournament and put me to shame. Don't care. Too happy! I've only been playing since last october so I've got a feeling I can still improve a lot.

Last edited:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Congrads dude. I actually suck at poker so no story of great treasueres gained from the mole. But seriously congrads its always cool to win money

I've never gotten into poker tournaments, but I work with a couple of guys who are professional gamblers. One guy called me up at two in the morning to tell me he had made $26,000 for the night. He was playing online video poker. He was up about $6,000 when he hit a royal flush for $20,000. I was blown away to hear that but I still went back to sleep.

Congrats, Evil. Another professional gambler I work with mostly plays poker and he got started by playing tournaments on the weekend. I hope your luck continues.:rockon:

ultimatedjf said:
In Jewish Grandmother's voice: Don't spend it all on comic books!

But... but...

Oh, all right, I won't.

Maxwellsmart said:
I hope your luck continues.

It's not luck, it's skill!

Well, it's both, really. The more skill you have, the less luck you'll need to go deep in these huge tournament with over a thousand players. But without a bit of luck, even Phil Ivey busts before getting in the money. If your big pair keeps getting broken on the river, if when you hit a set somone hit an over set or if you get KK the same round someone gets AA, it's hard not to lose tons of chips no matter how skillful you play.

Thankfully, lucks even out over the long run.

Last edited:
Yeah. I won't lie....I'm terrible at poker. But Blackjack is my game. I used to go to Vegas every year and earn anywhere between $1,500 - $3,000 in one trip.

But I used to lose a bit over $1,000 too....so........

Just remember to pay your taxes.

This post has been brought to you by Leona Helmsley.

E said:
Just remember to pay your taxes.

I'll pay taxes on my wins when I'm allowed to deduct my buy-ins from my incomes.

Last edited:
E said:

So I let curiosity get the better of me and finally checked who the hell you were talking about.

Found her at the crime library. The queen of mean.

Wow, an early 80s reference to a rich b*tch. Your pop culture goes deeper than I previously suspected, E.

E.Vi.L. said:
So I let curiosity get the better of me and finally checked who the hell you were talking about.

Found her at the crime library. The queen of mean.

Wow, an early 80s reference to a rich b*tch. Your pop culture goes deeper than I previously suspected, E.

:mrgreen:

Haven't played much since my big win. Started working, not as much free time. Mostly played satellites to big live tournament. With little luck, I was too tired to focus. Until recently, waking up at 7am wasn't part of my metabolism!

Well, I'm still too tired to play my best poker, but I still currently am at this point 3rd out 64 left of a field of 1227. 10 + 1 $ tournament.

I'm gonna make a mistake anytime now and blow it, I feel it. 3h15 minutes into the tournament (typing during the 3rd break) and I should be going to bed... But first place is 3000$ bucks, damn it!

As I am typing this, I am slapping myself silly to get some semblance of wakefulness.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Poker, but good luck!

Final Table.

I got busted in 7th. I was in 2nd position when I caught Pocket aces and I completely bamboozled the chip leader into going all in after a flop when he had a AK in the hole and caught another King on the flop. But the third king came on the river.

Damn it, that's just like the first tournament that started this thread. Big starting hands getting cracked by miracle river. I would have been chip leader, 3x more than the closest rival! Final 3 guaranteed!

So instead my payday was 404$ for this tournament.

I keep missing the really big bucks by just an inch. It's frustrating.

And now I really need to sleep.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back