Iceman

Yeah, the powers are the same, except 616 Iceman has longer Energy projection.

In Intelligence, Strength, Speed, Durability, Energry Projection, and Fighting Skills:

Ultimate: 2,2,2,3,4,3.

616: 2,2,3,3,5,3.

But yeah, you're pretty much on the point.

is that potential, or realized?

i mean, ultimate has fired some pretty strong ice-beams. what is 4 again? short range? and 5 is long range? or is it mastery or something.

iceman said:
because i'm not sure if it's been stated if he turns to ice or covers himself with it yet.

Sometimes he's translucent, so I'd go for the "turns to ice" alternative.

iceman again said:
wolverine growing half his body back

Hopefully :-b

iceman said:
is that potential, or realized?

i mean, ultimate has fired some pretty strong ice-beams. what is 4 again? short range? and 5 is long range? or is it mastery or something.
4: Medium range, duration, single type energy.

5: Long range, long duration, single type energy.

Originally Posted By iceman
616 iceman has done some ABSURD things.

In Chuck Austin's run on X-men, didn't Iceman get thrown into a river and then reemerge Godzilla sized?

Originally Posted By Korinthian
Sometimes he's translucent, so I'd go for the "turns to ice" alternative.

Have to agree with you on that, originally he just covered himself in an ice casing, I think he learned how to go full ice after Emma took over his body.

Ok this is kinda off track but I wonder if he would be able to make clones of himself, you know like Madrox, and each of those clones could have powers like the original.

i know 616 is ice. i was wondering about ultimate.

and i doubt he can make replicas. that would involve some sort of physic power where he can split his mind, which i doubt he can do. even when he is a'sploded, its only one conscience. i guess if he was uber powerful, he could create a bunch of drones and have them punch and kick and stuff, assuming he could concentrate, but they wouldn't have powers.

Iceshadow said:
In Chuck Austin's run on X-men, didn't Iceman get thrown into a river and then reemerge Godzilla sized?.
He did because of the giant lake he was in. Enough water to do that. Ultimate Iceman, not sure if that's possible now. I mean, he stretched himself, which is someting 616 Iceman doesn't know how to do, only done durin AoA.

Iceshadow said:
Ok this is kinda off track but I wonder if he would be able to make clones of himself, you know like Madrox, and each of those clones could have powers like the original.
I doubt it. The only 'ice clones' he can make are those like statues. Actually making clones that can walk and use powers like him? Doubt it.

also, yeah, he did. and then juggernaut admitted he was more powerful. he does great stuff with his powers fairly often now, the rest of the time he's an idiot.

with joe casey's run, he found the trunk of black tom by freezing the roots and seing which way the water froze. later, he made a huge a'splosion by expanding water in a crack. neither of these are ABSURD, but both are aweeeesome. much more awesome (if not childish awesome) as freezing a senator's balls.

Well, 616 Iceman can also freeze the bloodflow to your brain. He did that to Emma Frost (Uncanny X-Men #331). It would be awesome if Ultimate Iceman could pull that off.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
He did because of the giant lake he was in. Enough water to do that. Ultimate Iceman, not sure if that's possible now. I mean, he stretched himself, which is someting 616 Iceman doesn't know how to do, only done durin AoA.

I doubt it. The only 'ice clones' he can make are those like statues. Actually making clones that can walk and use powers like him? Doubt it.

isn't making ice-zilla just stretching the entire body? ultimate one didnt stretch himself as much as just make more ice for the arm, and it went out wards as if it was stretching. i bet 616 can do that, just as he used to make icehulk.

icemastertron said:
Well, 616 Iceman can also freeze the bloodflow to your brain he did that to Emma Frost (Uncanny X-Men #331). It would be awesome if Ultimate Iceman could pull that off.

didn't he do that to someones blood early on? i don't remember.

iceman said:
isn't making ice-zilla just stretching the entire body?
Sort of, I guess. But he can make himself bigger as long as there's enough moisture or water.

iceman said:
ultimate one didnt stretch himself as much as just make more ice for the arm, and it went out wards as if it was stretching.
Yeah, thats what Im talking about.

iceman said:
i bet 616 can do that, just as he used to make icehulk.
I bet he can do it, too. Just that he hasn't learned how to.

iceman said:
didn't he do that to someones blood early on? i don't remember.
Not that I remember.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
Sort of, I guess. But he can make himself bigger as long as there's enough moisture or water.

Yeah, thats what Im talking about.

I bet he can do it, too. Just that he hasn't learned how to.

Not that I remember.

see, i think he knows how to do it plenty, he just hasn't. with ice-hulk and ice-zilla, he did it, just to his whole body, or his whole body minus his head, in ice-hulk case.

616 iceman likes symmetry.

about AoA iceman, i never read it. i know he can teleport, but what else. also, didn't he a'splode via Colossus and it was said he was dead? if so, than 616 might be stronger. cause he basically can't die.

Iceshadow said:
He threatened to freeze Wraith's eyeballs or something like that, I don't have the issue with me.

This is where I got the clone idea from http://www.thekeep.org/~tls/omega-bob.htm

smart dude. i've always wondered about his ability to create heat, as, like the man said, cold doesn't exist, its just the absence of heat. if iceman is absorbing this continuously in his ice-form, what happens if he then, as quickly as he could, pop back to human form, and thus release all the heat. if he had been in ice-form for days, the possible outcome would be the exact opposite of what iceman is known for. it would be a hot explosion. perhaps this is how iceman "melts" his constructs, he just doesn't realize it.

to be honest, i had not thought of brownian movement, and how he is freezing other molecules as well. the dry ice argument is very good. i like that.

but if he can indeed control inertia by taking away heat (the vibration of molecules), he can become the anti-juggernaut, or perhaps the Flash, if you will. by taking the energy into himself, he can take others speed.

yo, ice-god fo real.

iceman said:
smart dude. i've always wondered about his ability to create heat, as, like the man said, cold doesn't exist, its just the absence of heat.

Ironically, our body can register cold and warm, but something hot freaks us out so much because it gets both the cold and warm signals to the brain simulataneaously, making our nervous system go "WHAT THE ****?!" and make us hurt until we stop touching the hot thing.

AoA iceman was the best out of all of them, but 616 iceman did get really powerful for a little while after Frost took over his body even though he was never able to do any of the things she did with his body all of which were never seen before or again by an "iceman." (becoming a living ice skeleton, melting and traveling around in liquid form via puddle, melting and traveling through water at atomic speeds - when she went down 7miles of the hudson in like a second.) and some other things that i can't remember. Iceman could be one of the most powerful mutants on the planet, but like Emma said he's happy just "playing" X-Man instead of training and realizing his true potential.

Last edited:
Synch said:
AoA iceman was the best out of all of them, but 616 iceman did get really powerful for a little while after Frost took over his body even though he was never able to do any of the things she did with his body all of which were never seen before or again by an "iceman." (becoming a living ice skeleton, melting and traveling around in liquid form via puddle, melting and traveling through water at atomic speeds - when she went down 7miles of the hudson in like a second.) and some other things that i can't remember. Iceman could be one of the most powerful mutants on the planet, but like Emma said he's happy just "playing" X-Man instead of training and realizing his true potential.
Which Ultimate Iceman seems to be somewhat like, too. He rather fight than learn how to.

Latest posts

Back