If any of you guys have this...

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Wikipedia said:
Issue #5 of Volume one contained an authentic vintage advertisement for a "Marvel"-brand douche, which caused DC executive Paul Levitz to order the entire print run destroyed and reprinted with the offensive advertisement edited. Marvel Comics is DC's chief rival within the industry and Moore had had a public dispute with Marvel, his former employer. Some copies of the pulped print run did escape destruction and may well be the rarest modern comic book existing.

...I wouldn't mind taking a look.

Ice said:
Is "Volume One" the book? :?

Whoops, this is for the first arc of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Random said:
"Marvel"-brand douche? ... Does it have a picture of spider-man or something on it?

No, apparently it was just called "The Marvel".

I honestly doubt Moore cares enough about Marvel comics to bother insulting them in his own work. It strikes me as something far, far beneath him. I would think he'd think mentioning Marvel comics in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be debasing his work.

No, apparently it was just called "The Marvel".

I honestly doubt Moore cares enough about Marvel comics to bother insulting them in his own work. It strikes me as something far, far beneath him. I would think he'd think mentioning Marvel comics in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be debasing his work.

Hah!

Oh the past!

I did eventually see it:

LoEG_Recalled_Ad.jpg

Latest posts

Back