iFanboy.com Video Podcast on The Ultimate Line

Friday

Can be found right HERE

Its interesting. They're a little fuzzy on some of the facts but since we're all a little more over the top on Ultimate info than these guys are I think we can forgive them.

On a side note I listen to these guys audio cast every week. One of my favorites.

It's fixed.

And as I was watching, one of the guys was "Ultimate Spider-Man is the best if not only Spider-Man book to be read right now."

Not really. I may not hate it like others do, but it's definetly not the best Spidey book from Marvel. Personally for me, it's Amazing, though not many people here are liking any Spidey title right now.

It isn't the best Spidey book? I mean sure, it has definitely seen better days -and isn't anywhere near my top favorites- but have you seen what they've done to him in the other books? People know that he's Peter Parker, and on some levels I think outing him was a fresh idea, but the duel Identity aspect actually seems important to the character. Either that, or I'm just trying to come up for some over-wrought excuse for why I can't sit through a single post-Civil War spidey book.

Last edited:
Not really. I may not hate it like others do, but it's definetly not the best Spidey book from Marvel. Personally for me, it's Amazing, though not many people here are liking any Spidey title right now.

Well, I think its a good thing that there are spidey books for any attitude. Want light hearted continuity free spidey? Marvel Adventures. Want a self contained read, or teen peter? Ultimate. Been reading Spider-man longer than you can remember? Amazing. Or how about something a little more old fashioned? Friendly. I'm not sure where Sensational fits in...

Either that, or I'm just trying to come up for some over-wrought excuse for why I can't sit through a single post-Civil War spidey book.
Maybe because it's not in post-CW yet? :p

I'm only kidding.

Anyways, no USM is not because if the 616 titles are bad, USM is equally if not worse. Characters showing up as wasted potential is one of its main problems. And existing characters are ruined because it's okay to screw them up because "it's the ultimate universe".

Last edited:
Anyways, no USM is not because if the 616 titles are bad, USM is equally if not worse. Characters showing up as wasted potential is one of its main problems. And existing characters are ruined because it's okay to screw them up because "it's the ultimate universe".

Which they touch on in the video :D

* pushes thread back on topic *

I don't want to hijack this thread any further, but. . . my favorite Spider-Man title is far and away Sensational. Aguirre-Sacasa is one of Marvel's best writers.

Friendly is okay too, but I fell out of love with Peter David years ago.

Amazing. . . I do not like.

Despite its many, many flaws I still think USM is better than Amazing and, usually, Friendly.

Last edited:
I loved that video podcast. USM is my favourite Spider-man book and I agreed with everthing they said about it.

616 spider-man I won't even touch anymore. I might touch it if eddie brock becomes venom again just the venom stories thou. the un-masking of spider-man which I've said countless times is something I am so against that I now HATE 616 spider-man.

but yes the podcast was done nicely I bookmarked site and might watch another one sometime.

They called the best Ultimate book, "The Ultimates," a low point - and couldn't say enough good things about USM. I think we're thinking on different wavelengths here.

So when they use phrases like "unto a god" for Hitch and talk about how blown away they were on the series in general... The disappointment was the shipping schedule which we can all agree with.

And they've been rough on The Clone Saga in the audio cast, but still stay positive on USM in general.

Latest posts

Back