IGN Exclusive look at Ultmates Vol. 3.

the watcher

ultimates-20070724055637699.jpg

Cover A

Check out part one here: http://comics.ign.com/articles/807/807739p1.html

Last edited:
You know I was just thinking "I never see Wolverine, he should totally be in more books." I've also thought "Ultimate Hawkeye is a really cool character. They should arbitrarily change everything about him. No bow, lose the costume, draw a Bullseye on his head, and give him a gun."

And so much for the 4 corners of the Ultimate Universe, huh? They seem to be converging here.

Good stuff.

You know I was just thinking "I never see Wolverine, he should totally be in more books." I've also thought "Ultimate Hawkeye is a really cool character. They should arbitrarily change everything about him. No bow, lose the costume, draw a Bullseye on his head, and give him a gun."

And so much for the 4 corners of the Ultimate Universe, huh? They seem to be converging here.

Good stuff.

Good god. He does have a bullseye on his head. Someones going to be pissed.

42652-bullseye_150.jpg

I swear, Mad just couldn't leave Spidey and Wolvs out of it could he? I'm fine with the new superheroey looks of the team and I still think this will be good. Not half as good as vol. 1 & 2, but good. Oh and Valkyrie and Black Panther? Where's Hulk!?

Last edited:
Good god. He does have a bullseye on his head. Someones going to be pissed.

42652-bullseye_150.jpg

I don't think he has much to say about it at this point.

As for the cover - blech. I can tell by the cover that this book is turning into everything I hate about comics, and is now the complete opposite of what attracted me to the comic in the first place. I am incredibly disappointed.

Boo Marvel. You suck.

I swear, Mad just couldn't leave Spidey and Wolvs out of it could he? I'm fine with the new superheroey looks of the team and I still think this will be good. Not half as good as vol. 1 & 2, but good. Oh and Valkyrie and Black Panther?

I'm fine with Black Panther. He's a badass in 616 no matter who poorly writes him. I don't think he's shown up in the UU yet, has he?

Valkyrie however hasn't been anything more than a joke and a shameful hookup for Hank Pym. Just what is she there for?

I swear, Mad just couldn't leave Spidey and Wolvs out of it could he? I'm fine with the new superheroey looks of the team and I still think this will be good. Not half as good as vol. 1 & 2, but good. Oh and Valkyrie and Black Panther?
Mad just draws the pretty pictures. Loeb couldn't leave Spidey and Wolvy out of it. Always place your anger on the right man.

BP isn't a surprise after that first pic came out, but Valkyrie came out of nowhere. Why?

Last edited:
I'm fine with Black Panther. He's a badass in 616 no matter who poorly writes him. I don't think he's shown up in the UU yet, has he?

Valkyrie however hasn't been anything more than a joke and a shameful hookup for Hank Pym. Just what is she there for?

I'm fine with BP, he's an awesome character. But the fact that Valkyrie is on the team and not Banner, :( And Wolverine and Spider-Man better be on their for hype reasons. I mean seriously.

I'm fine with BP, he's an awesome character. But the fact that Valkyrie is on the team and not Banner, :( And Wolverine and Spider-Man better be on their for hype reasons. I mean seriously.

Aren't the X-Men and the Ultimates not on the best of terms anymore? Last time I read an Ultimate X-men comic Fury was pretty pissed about something...

Aren't the X-Men and the Ultimates not on the best of terms anymore? Last time I read an Ultimate X-men comic Fury was pretty pissed about something...

Well Wolverine would be the only one I would see them recruiting as a member, due to his relationship with Fury. Now Loeb could've done something creative and maybe recruited an X-Man working for SHIELD that was a classic Avenger (Beast). Replace Wolverine with Beast and Spider-Man with Hulk and you would have a feasable team. I mean Parker's not even supposed to be on the team for three ****ing years. I do think Mad's art is pretty, if that's any consolation.

Last edited:
Guys, Black Panther most certainly is NOT an awesome character. Except in Earth X.

The art looks great except for Cap's weird head and Scarlet Witch's 616 costume. Hopefully, this will be a really awesome comic and it won't screw it up what we all loved about the first and second volumes.

Thor still looks cool, but not the same.

Latest posts

Back