Illuminati - Planet Hulk connection

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Dear Moderators,

I wasn't sure where to post this major little spoilerish preview of Incredible Hulk #92 from Newsarama. So you can merge it, retitle it, or do whatever you deem appropriate.

Turns out the Illuminati aren't collectively as smart as the individuals running it. Hulk Smash

To see why Hulk's not so happy, Click the link.

Last edited:
I can predict what's going to happen next. The general superhero community will discover what the Illuminati did to the Hulk and they'll split up into sides, and then there will be these robots with mohawks and all of the magic in the universe will become chaos and then there will be a war between Rann and Thanagar.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what is going on, but I'm all for making Hulk relevant again.

UltimateE said:
I'm not entirely sure I understand what is going on, but I'm all for making Hulk relevant again.

If you're referring to after he crash lands, I can understand that you don't understand what's happening.

But with Reed talking to him... They've finally decided that the Hulk is too big of a threat to have hanging around. I love the concept myself but I have a problem with the fact that there was nothing leading into this. I mean the last time Hulk did anything public was before Bruce Jones run, right?

I find it ludicrous that Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Mister Fantastic would find it easier and more human to send the Hulk to a planet in another galaxy than CURE HIM.

**** it. I'm done.

So the most humane thing is to betray and exile him to an alien world so he can go completely insane.

Or you know, they could try to give him his intelligence and recreate the "Smart Hulk" variant.

Or have Black Bolt, who has trained himself to not speak, not even during his sleep, teach Banner how to keep calm.

Or implant a transporter in his brain so that when he becomes the Hulk it teleports him to a holding pen on the moon, and it can teleport him back to Earth once he revers to Banner.

****, they could even have Betty offer to become a female Hulk in a kind of "Bride of Frankenstein" way to give him peace and keep him out of trouble. That could even be funny.

And that's if you find it impossible that the combined might of Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Mister Fantastic, Professor X, Namor, and Black Bolt cannot cure the Hulk or find a way to help him live with his current state in relative peace.

And if you overlook the fact that those same people don't need to wait for Nick Fury to send Hulk into space to get rid of him. Can't they just teleport him there themselves? He wouldn't get ****ing lost that way.

The least Marvel could have done was have the Hulk do something absolutely atrocious so that the Illuminati has a reason to get rid of Hulk forever - like, oh I don't know... KILL THE AVENGERS?!

Instead of making Scarlet Witch crazy and evil, have the Hulk do the thing everyone's been terrified of him doing. Have him actually, properly, kill the Avengers. Then, you have the Illuminati punish him in this horrific and cruel way (it may be neccessary, but it's cruel). When the Hulk returns, the sides must be taken between those who agree with the Illuminati and those that think there were other options available, because hell, Banner's as much of a victim as the Avengers.

Instead, the Illuminati are self-preserving *******s who are worried he might do something bad and so they banish him forever to Hell... AFTER HE SAVES THE WORLD (Whose side are YOU on? The misunderstood monster who saved the world and was unfairly banished? Or the self-serving pieces of **** who do nothing, claim complete rulership of the planet, and banished a poor misunderstood monster - who just saved the world - for all time because they couldn't be bothered to think of another way to deal with a potential threat? It's a toughy!)

All of which has nothing to do with anything else going on, but is supposed to tie into it all later when they can think of a way to shoehorn the Hulk into the story.

**** it.

Last edited:
Bass said:
So the most humane thing is to betray and exile him to an alien world so he can go completely insane.

Or you know, they could try to give him his intelligence and recreate the "Smart Hulk" variant.

Or have Black Bolt, who has trained himself to not speak, not even during his sleep, teach Banner how to keep calm.

Or implant a transporter in his brain so that when he becomes the Hulk it teleports him to a holding pen on the moon, and it can teleport him back to Earth once he revers to Banner.

****, they could even have Betty offer to become a female Hulk in a kind of "Bride of Frankenstein" way to give him peace and keep him out of trouble. That could even be funny.

And that's if you find it impossible that the combined might of Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Mister Fantastic, Professor X, Namor, and Black Bolt cannot cure the Hulk or find a way to help him live with his current state in relative peace.

And if you overlook the fact that those same people don't need to wait for Nick Fury to send Hulk into space to get rid of him. Can't they just teleport him there themselves? He wouldn't get ****ing lost that way.

The least Marvel could have done was have the Hulk do something absolutely atrocious so that the Illuminati has a reason to get rid of Hulk forever - like, oh I don't know... KILL THE AVENGERS?!

Instead of making Scarlet Witch crazy and evil, have the Hulk do the thing everyone's been terrified of him doing. Have him actually, properly, kill the Avengers. Then, you have the Illuminati punish him in this horrific and cruel way (it may be neccessary, but it's cruel). When the Hulk returns, the sides must be taken between those who agree with the Illuminati and those that think there were other options available, because hell, Banner's as much of a victim as the Avengers.

Instead, the Illuminati are self-preserving *******s who are worried he might do something bad and so they banish him forever to Hell... AFTER HE SAVES THE WORLD (Whose side are YOU on? The misunderstood monster who saved the world and was unfairly banished? Or the self-serving pieces of **** who do nothing, claim complete rulership of the planet, and banished a poor misunderstood monster - who just saved the world - for all time because they couldn't be bothered to think of another way to deal with a potential threat? It's a toughy!)

All of which has nothing to do with anything else going on, but is supposed to tie into it all later when they can think of a way to shoehorn the Hulk into the story.

**** it.
Why didn't Gandalf just have the Eagles fly the ring into Mordor?

TheManWithoutFear said:
No she's trapped on Nightmare's Dream Island.

What? Didn't she die from radiation poisoning or from Abomination's attacks?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Why didn't Gandalf just have the Eagles fly the ring into Mordor?

Because the Nazgul would stop them? They flew big dragons. It's almost unbelievable the eagles could navigate through all the ash surrounding Mordor without being shot down, or attacked by the Nazgul to a point where the ring would be wrested from their control.

Also, your pointing out a plot hole. I'm not. I'm pointing out the absurdity of a story premise.

You should've said, "Why on Earth, if the fellowship could only have nine members, would the Council of Elrond allow three of those spaces to be taken up by 'useless' Hobbits? Surely Elrond and Arwen would've made better companions." which would be an attack on the story premise, not a plot hole within the story itself.

A plot hole is, "This in/action does not make sense". I'm saying, "Why are these characters in this situation in the first place?"

Not entirely the same thing.

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:
What? Didn't she die from radiation poisoning or from Abomination's attacks?

According to Bruce Jones run she woke up, got plastic surgery, infiltrated Home Base (who was after Hulk), and reunited with Bruce only to be left by him. Then Hulk ended up on some island where he refought all of these opponents. The island turned out to be the edge of some dream reality where Nightmare had manipulated everything from Bruce Jones run... So Betty was still laying somewhere from the radiation but apparently not dead. The arc ended with her washing up on the shores of the island greeted by General "Thunderbolt" Ross, who was actually Nightmare in disguise.

And Bass, without going through LotR because it's terribly off topic, I was just saying they just do it because that's the story that pops into your head. I agree there could've been better ways to do it but this is what we've got. I'm not really too cool with the alien world deal (as I've said in the comments to solicitations) but I would like to see Hulk take a more crucial role in the marvel universe.

Bass said:

**** it.

I was about to come in here and say the same thing.

These are my thoughts.

A) If you are a so called hero. Wouldn't you do what you can to stop people like the Hulk, Punisher, and etc. I often wondered why that aspect hasn't been crossed.

B) You have Xavier. The world's most powerful telepath.
Strange. Wielder of the mystic arts.
Iron Man and Reed Richards. Arguebly the two smartest men alive.
Black Bolt and Namor. With access to ancient technolgy and methods.

In all of those you can got find some way to help the Hulk. But to send him to another planet. I mean they can help The Sentry but not the Hulk.

If you can get passed that. Then this looks awesome.

They could have found a way to harness Sentry's power. Sentry's energy and aura have a calming effect on the Hulk and gives him a degree of intelligence.

Doc Comic said:
They could have found a way to harness Sentry's power. Sentry's energy and aura have a calming effect on the Hulk and gives him a degree of intelligence.

I also in the original mini he cured the hulk so to speak. Couldn't he do it again?

thee great one said:
I also in the original mini he cured the hulk so to speak. Couldn't he do it again?
He did do it again. In the current miniseries, he teams up with the Hulk to go into the Negative Zone and he keeps Hulk under control and keeps him loyal to him.

Latest posts

Back